PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about......

joelml
05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AUE-140-301&Category_Code=A-A4B5-en
---------------------
good deal, bad deal.
I know everyone says, dont mess with the intake, but i would like the intake to be more audible with turbo spool. Nothing crazy though.
thanks

Seerlah
05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I am no expert, but if you only want it for the sound, go right ahead. Just not too sure if the sound alone is worth $200. The only time I personally plan on changing the stock intake is when I upgrade my turbo.

auto_euroticaA4
05-02-2008, 03:03 PM
not a bad deal, unfortunatly there's no heatshield you'll actually be doing more harm than good. i bought a k&n filter, 2 elbows from pep boys, and the heat shield thats sold on this forum. came out to about $230 and im happy. better than going evoms or carbonia imo

joelml
05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
yeah?
well i have seen a "build you own" one. might try that
how does it sound after the a/m intake?

speedydragon
05-02-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah?
well i have seen a "build you own" one. might try that
how does it sound after the a/m intake?

You'll hear your turbo sucking in air and the dv insrerting the extra boost back into the intake, thus creating a very clean sounding pshhh.

tdn
05-02-2008, 04:41 PM
not a bad deal, unfortunatly there's no heatshield you'll actually be doing more harm than good.

What do you mean? From what I know, without a heatshield the car may under perform, but it won't actually cause harm to the engine. My knowledge is limited so go easy on me.

AudiRacerS4
05-02-2008, 04:53 PM
i think its a waste of money for no gains honestly...just build your own for $25

JMG
05-02-2008, 05:05 PM
STOCK has the best heat insulation.

legionvr6
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
does that thing replace the maf housing? it looks like its got a spot for the maf filamint

boostedup
05-03-2008, 02:59 PM
does that thing replace the maf housing? it looks like its got a spot for the maf filamint

i have that intake on my car. it does replace the maf housing, and the filament slides in. pretty clean looking, comes with a bracket to hold the filter in place, and sounds really good, even though i sometimes get some humming when driving [confused] even though i have a breather filter on the secondary air inlet.

any ideas why?

Stampy
05-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I would want to see a pic of the actual intake. That can't be it. PLus it has no heat shield. Like mentioned by others. You could make your own for much cheaper.

audiness
05-04-2008, 08:29 AM
spend that $230 on something more useful

boostedup
05-04-2008, 09:43 AM

i found it for 100 bucks on ebay..... and it is that exact intake, the auction was for a b6

gotaudi
05-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I would build your own. having the screens in the MAF help keep the air read accurate. Having just a flange in a metal pipe will work but not as well as the the MAF housing.

djwimbo
05-04-2008, 11:33 AM

Yes, what he said.

If you want more noise out of the turbo put on a testpipe and mod your stock intake. I cut out all the ribs on the inside, and made it pick up air from the A/C accumulator/horn area instead of above the radiator.
No Dyno results, but in combo w/ the DP & testpipe, I was very happy.

Best part of my intake is that it looks stock, so nobody thinks anything of it. When in all reality, the CAI's and such don't really ever do anything for our cars.

Euro
05-04-2008, 09:20 PM
i think its a waste of money for no gains honestly...just build your own for $25

Thats what I did. Its easy.

Ebay status. [wrench]

auto_euroticaA4
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM
What do you mean? From what I know, without a heatshield the car may under perform, but it won't actually cause harm to the engine. My knowledge is limited so go easy on me.

i didnt mean it would blow your motor, just meant you'll get heatsoak like a motherfck