PDA

View Full Version : Stock mirror wiring diagram.

fred2ka4
04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
I have some Hagus mirrors that I am trying to figure out the wiring for. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for stock mirrors. Mine are heated and so there are a total of 5 wires. 3 for the motor and two for the mirror. Any information as to the color of the wires or where I could find the information would be appreciated.

My factory mirror harness was cut and I am trying to redo it and I have no reference and I also don't have a factory plug so I need to know what each wire does so I can make my own plug.

mike-2ptzero
04-30-2008, 07:22 AM
No test light or meter Fred?

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm trying to figure it out by process of elimination and I do have a test light, but no meter. I really need one to because test lights are not always the best things on newer cars because all they do is complete a circuit which can be bad for things like airbags and so on if you don't know what you are poking into.

A diagram would be nice but if I have to do it the old fashion way, oh well .......... [rolleyes] [:D]

Also did our cars come with auto dimming side mirrors? The reason I ask is because I have four wires besides the three that are on the motor and I know two are for the heated mirrors but I'm not sure what the other two are for. It's been so long since I have had the stock mirrors on that I don't know what our mirrors do, besides looking at all the cars that I pass really quickly ......... [>_<]

mike-2ptzero
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm trying to figure it out by process of elimination and I do have a test light, but no meter. I really need one to because test lights are not always the best things on newer cars because all they do is complete a circuit which can be bad for things like airbags and so on if you don't know what you are poking into.

A diagram would be nice but if I have to do it the old fashion way, oh well .......... [rolleyes] [:D]

Also did our cars come with auto dimming side mirrors? The reason I ask is because I have four wires besides the three that are on the motor and I know two are for the heated mirrors but I'm not sure what the other two are for. It's been so long since I have had the stock mirrors on that I don't know what our mirrors do, besides looking at all the cars that I pass really quickly ......... [>_<]

Well I dont think you will find an air bag wire in your mirror harness. [>_<]

No my car didn't, it was ordered with very little options. I just had my mirror caps off, if you want I can pull it off again and take some pics.

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Does anyone have a spare mirror they would be willing to ship to me so that I can compare and document the wiring and then I will ship it back with payment for the shipping?

Thanks, Fred

zrowcool
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
my car came with auto dimming, heated for defog, and motorized. I'll be able to check the bentley when i get home but that wont be until later tonight

Mawhitey
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
I have, but wrong country, sorry

mike-2ptzero
04-30-2008, 02:09 PM
I took a quick look at mine fred.

Heated wires are both black

Motor wires are Tan, Tan/white and white.

Well thats just what I noticed, but dont go by what I see since I am colored blind.

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 02:32 PM
my car came with auto dimming, heated for defog, and motorized. I'll be able to check the bentley when i get home but that wont be until later tonight

I don't have a Bentley but I need to get one. If it has some king of wiring diagram and you could post that for me, that would be great. Thanks for all the help guys ....... [up] [:D]

whoace
04-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Here you go

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2711/110868250hj5.th.gif (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=110868250hj5.gif)

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Here you go

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2711/110868250hj5.th.gif (http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?image=110868250hj5.gif)

Is there more to this diagram, because it seems like some numbers are missing from the key? This really helps and thanks a lot.

whoace
04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Here's the other half of the diagram...Didn't think you needed it.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8655/110868252lh8.th.gif (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=110868252lh8.gif)

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Here's the other half of the diagram...Didn't think you needed it.

Is it me or is the other half not showing up ....... [confused] [:D]

Never mind, I see it now ........ [>_<]

whoace
04-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Is it me or is the other half not showing up ....... [confused] [:D]

Never mind, I see it now ........ [>_<]

That was my fault...I reposted the same picture as the first one. So I had to re-upload the second to imgshack and edited out the original image while doing it.

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
The second diagram helped a lot as well. After looking at just my drivers side mirror, here are the colors that I have.

Red
white
brown w/ white stripe

These three wires are for the mirror motor and they are wired and working. I also have four other wires which are as follows:

Black w/ green stripe
black w/ white stripe
black (solid)
black (solid)

I figure that the two black wires each go to the mirror for auto dimming and defrost while the black wires with stripes are the power for each function. I am assuming that both functions are automatic. I know the defrost comes on when I hit the defrost button but I am not sure as to the auto dimming.

This is where I need help in figuring out which wires are which. I checked the passenger side and the colors are the same on the mirror harness side but I am not sure as to the car harness side.

whoace
04-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Heated element is Z4/Z5 which is red/white for power and brown for ground.
Auto dimming yellow/white and yellow/brown.

fred2ka4
04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Heated element is Z4/Z5 which is red/white for power and brown for ground.
Auto dimming yellow/white and yellow/brown.

Thanks, this really helps a lot and I think the colors you just mentioned are in my harness on the car side so all I have to do is follow it to the mirror harness side and see what it changes to.

Thanks a lot,

- Fred

whoace
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks, this really helps a lot and I think the colors you just mentioned are in my harness on the car side so all I have to do is follow it to the mirror harness side and see what it changes to.

Thanks a lot,

- Fred

Glad I could help. Yes those colours would be for your car side. I have no clue what the window wiring colours would be.

Note, for the dimming colours, if you reverse the wires, the dimming will work in reverse as well.