PDA

View Full Version : For The Record... (Paint Thread)

FACT
04-29-2008, 04:53 PM
After looking through the "painting lowers" diy, I'm confused. The author of the diy used the names "brilliant silver" and "radiant silver" in the same diy and I'm assuming he made a mistake on one of those terms. For the record, should you use "radiant silver" or "brilliant silver" duplicolor spray for painting the lowers on a silver 01 a4?

A4Rob
04-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Why not just go to paintscratch.com and enter your paint code. They will send you a bottle.

FACT
04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Because it is more convenient for me to be able to run out to the store and grab a can than have to order online. From what I read, duplicolor offers a spray that matches almost 100% to my color and I just need to know which of the mentioned two it is.

A4Rob
04-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Just a suggestion. I can't help you then.

My paint came in 2 days BTW. Perfect match.

audiness
04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
duplicolor "ultra silver" is almost a perfect match for the audi silver.
check my profile, thats what i used, and it looks factory

FACT
04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
^great looking lowers to the guy above me...

I did a test on a piece of black plastic and it appears as though the "radiant silver metallic" I bought matches quite well to the stock paint.

To the guy two posts above me, I agree 100% that ordering paint from paintscratch would be the best way to get a perfect match and have the best paint, however $25 a can is a bit too pricey for me compared to what duplicolor offers.

Just a side thought, do any of you think that painting lowers could result in a lower resale value for our vehicles?

FACT
05-02-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm ready to paint tonight so any last words about the paint color would be greatly appreciated

Euro-Tuner
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I used radiant silver on my '00

Stampy
05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't they have the Dupli color match book at Autozone or wherever you are going. Maybe you can just go to the Dupli site? I thought volcano black mica was the only color they couldn't match?

Just Quaff
05-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Don't they have the Dupli color match book at Autozone or wherever you are going. Maybe you can just go to the Dupli site? I thought volcano black mica was the only color they couldn't match?

Yeah, but they only stock touch up pens for Audi silver. No actual spray cans. I went that route and tried to ask the people there. They said they can order it, but I was lazy and didn't want to wait [>_<]

Alan
05-02-2008, 02:01 PM

I'd imagine Pearl White is hard to match as well, because it fades so much.

.Mad Hatter.
05-02-2008, 02:06 PM
use interior house paint and a paint brush...it might actually turn out nice.

you never know.

prey
05-02-2008, 03:54 PM
the paint cracks after months on the lowers since they are rubber, u could prolly get ECS ones and paint those since those are plasticky.