PDA

View Full Version : high bias torsen diff mod washers. kits available inside.

Ian@Absolute
04-24-2008, 07:30 PM
ok. here goes nothing.

available here is a set of washers which will turn your 2:1 center torsen differential in to a 4:1 center differential.

we have several kits available for each style differential. 1 piece and 2 piece.

in case you are wondering about testing: i have been running this mod in my personal car for ~3500 miles.
i have done donuts on closed courses. been to the drag strip. and drive my car 120+ miles per day. 5, sometimes 6 days a week.

we are selling these washers for an introductory price of $155/shipped in the 48 states. international is available but will cost a few extra usd dollars.

we are also a stocking motul dealer. gear 300 oil is available for an additional cost. my gearbox took 2 liters to refill.

if you have any questions feel free to post or pm. or if you are interested in purchasing a set please pm or email ian@absoluteautomotive.com

picture of 2 piece kit:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/k0mpresd/000_0309.jpg

picture of 1 piece kit.
note: pins in this picture are 50mm long.
they will be shortened to 40mm before being mailed to you.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/k0mpresd/100_2736.jpg

gear300:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/k0mpresd/100_2752.jpg
*note: ^ this stuff helped alleviate a lot of the vibration caused by the
install of both stern's power ring and rear diff bushings in my personal car.

Eurotuned_A4
04-24-2008, 07:44 PM
explain what this 2:1 to 4:1 does to the car. noob question, but i know im not the only one with it.

Ian@Absolute
04-24-2008, 07:55 PM
2:1 is stock bias. 33/67% split of torque.

this will do 4:1. 20/80% split of torque.

this is done when the front and rear axles are rotating at different speeds. ex: cornering or wheels spinning.

317ssayzarc
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
mine showed up today [:D]

Ian@Absolute
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
get to work then. haha [>_<]

317ssayzarc
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
well i just got them once i got back from school (just now)... im working the next 2 days then the dustoff show on sunday... i need to get this done soon though because i need to weld up my spare diff so i can run it on the dyno at school, as much free dyno time for 5 weeks ftmfw!

Ian@Absolute
04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
nice. dyno'ing is fun. [cool]

dougyfresh
04-24-2008, 08:41 PM

And??? You know..

We need to chat.

317ssayzarc
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
pm sent doug [;)]

djwimbo
04-24-2008, 09:01 PM
You have a PM.

aytheory
04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
is there a write up to do this

Ian@Absolute
04-24-2008, 09:06 PM
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199202

Poopie
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
yessssss my write up gets put to use. Halfway typing it up and i'm thinking "jebus...is anyone gonna use this? How many people are gonna get washers made?"

Ian@Absolute
04-24-2008, 09:16 PM
[;)]

djwimbo
04-24-2008, 09:23 PM
yessssss my write up gets put to use. Halfway typing it up and i'm thinking "jebus...is anyone gonna use this? How many people are gonna get washers made?"

If all goes well, I'll be reading it over a couple times before I yank mine out.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
04-24-2008, 10:08 PM
nice read...

andyrew
04-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I have a real hard time spending 150 bucks on 30 cents in materials... True I understand that you need to be reinbursed for your time, energy and research; its your product and you can put whatever price on it; and machining costs money, but getting a batch of 25 washers probably cost you the 150 your charging..

Seriously not trying to be a dick here, but what gives with the price? I still might end up buying a set if I dont want to mill my own..

Poopie
04-24-2008, 10:33 PM
you have a hard time believing because you haven't done the research.

California Jay
04-24-2008, 10:45 PM
these kits are only for 01e? fittment for 01a?

andyrew
04-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I have done the research, I read every thread on here in regards to these things. I was fully ready to buy these then I was told I was to fork over 150 bucks for 2 washers. I was figuring about 30-50, knowing I had to pay for his time in research and development.
The demensions for these washers are on the forums! This is suposed to be a "cheap" fix to change the ratio's, when Stasis does all the work for you for 3x more and guarantee's there product?

- GT Style -
04-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Seriously not trying to be a dick here, but what gives with the price?

But you are [down], everyone knows you have to advertiser = [hail]

[rolleyes] [>_<]

I have a real hard time spending 150 bucks on 30 cents in materials... True I understand that you need to be reinbursed for your time, energy and research; its your product and you can put whatever price on it; and machining costs money, but getting a batch of 25 washers probably cost you the 150 your charging..

But seriously, I agree...

Gotta love free market greed [up]

Poopie
04-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Go to a machine shop and ask them to grind you two thrust washers. this isn't something that is simple milled. They are PRECISION GROUND. I'll be honest, once I had the dimensions I sent them to the guy that does all out tooling. I was quoted $135 for materials, labor and having the parts heat treated and polished. Yes, ordering in a large batch cuts cost since the set up time is reduced. The labor is still there.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
04-24-2008, 11:03 PM
and we all know being an advertiser and shipping cost are free... [rolleyes]

andyrew
04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Go to a machine shop and ask them to grind you two trust washers. this isn't something that is simple milled. They are PRECISION GROUND. I'll be honest, once I had the dimensions I sent them to the guy that does all out tooling. I was quoted $135 for materials, labor and having the parts heat treated and polished. Yes, ordering in a large batch cuts cost since the set up time is reduced. The labor is still there.

That is for one set. I know there is a high cost in doing one set. Setup cost, making jigs, and finding a repetition is the highest cost in doing any machining. You have an hour to setup, 1/2 hour to clean up, and 5 minutes to machine the washers by a good shop.

I understand they are precision ground. I however did not see that they are polished. These do not look polished.

Unpimp, I did not realize he was an official advertiser here. Shipping cost 2.50 cents, bubble wrapped 3"x6" envelope by USPS. I never got on his case about shipping (which I can see he charges $5 for shipping, and he probably uses UPS, which is damn near cost; he PMed me a while ago with the prices)

Im done trying to prove my point, which I will say again for those that dont understand what I am trying to say.
'I have a real hard time spending 150 bucks on 30 cents in materials"

And like I said earlier, I probably still will buy a set.

Poopie
04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
they are heat treated too.

aytheory
04-24-2008, 11:59 PM
this place makes them too i think

http://torsen.com/products/products.htm

prodrive
04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
PM'ed

UCFQuattroguy
04-25-2008, 04:54 AM
as a contributor to the "torsen modding braintrust" I'll say one thing. The "blank" washers those start life as are roughly $12/each BEFORE you even factoring machining costs. So yea...they're not quite you're 30cent washer you pick up at Loews/Home Depot/Ace, etc.

HIERLEVELZ
04-25-2008, 05:04 AM
WOW man 155 for some washers and a cotter pin. WASHERS!

Ian@Absolute
04-25-2008, 05:24 AM
these kits are only for 01e? fittment for 01a?
these are 01a kits. 01e are available though. [:)]

Ian@Absolute
04-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Unpimp, I did not realize he was an official advertiser here. Shipping cost 2.50 cents, bubble wrapped 3"x6" envelope by USPS. I never got on his case about shipping (which I can see he charges $5 for shipping, and he probably uses UPS, which is damn near cost; he PMed me a while ago with the prices)
if it makes you feel any better, want to know how much $$ i am personally making off selling these? $0.00. that is correct. zero dollars. i am selling these for the business where i work. we make $$, i keep my job. i have bills, mortgage, 120+ miles per day in fuel costs, and a modding addiction. i am, in reality, losing $ when its all said and done because i will be driving them to the post office personally, in my own car, to mail them.

i did the project originally as a personal project of mine. just to see if i could do it. and if i did, to be able to say i did it and gain some knowledge in the process. im a modder at heart. so any mod i feel i can attempt and accomplish im going to go for it.

so if you feel the price is unfair, unjust, or if you have a problem w/ the way i do business, or any other issues. then i am sorry. but it is what it is.

or if i can help you w/ anything. i will be glad to do that as well. [:)]

onemoremile
04-25-2008, 07:15 AM
WOW man 155 for some washers and a cotter pin. WASHERS!

Not for SOME washers - for the CORRECT washers. Big distinction there.

You guys that still think these are normal fender washers are just wrong. Getting the correct material to the correct dimensions and surface finish is the trick. If you can do better on your own then feel free. Just be sure to let us all know how it went for you.

HIERLEVELZ
04-25-2008, 07:28 AM
So whats this special washer made of? Alloy steel 4140 with heat treat? What are its dimensions?

Poopie
04-25-2008, 07:30 AM
when i meant polished, i just mean putting the finish on. Just like cross hatching on a cylinder wall. You want enough surface tension to hold lube, but a low friction coefficient. When they are freshly ground there are straight lines.

andyrew
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
if it makes you feel any better, want to know how much $$ i am personally making off selling these? $0.00. that is correct. zero dollars. i am selling these for the business where i work. we make $$, i keep my job. i have bills, mortgage, 120+ miles per day in fuel costs, and a modding addiction. i am, in reality, losing $ when its all said and done because i will be driving them to the post office personally, in my own car, to mail them.

i did the project originally as a personal project of mine. just to see if i could do it. and if i did, to be able to say i did it and gain some knowledge in the process. im a modder at heart. so any mod i feel i can attempt and accomplish im going to go for it.

so if you feel the price is unfair, unjust, or if you have a problem w/ the way i do business, or any other issues. then i am sorry. but it is what it is.

or if i can help you w/ anything. i will be glad to do that as well. [:)]

You are selling them through the business, I understand the costing now. When we originally spoke (Kompressed) I thought this was just a little side project you made, but now I see what exactly is going on.

I have no problem with you personally and never did, I hope you can see where my concern has come from and why I questioned the things that I did.

Poopie, I understand putting the "honed" finish now. Thanks

Ian@Absolute
04-25-2008, 11:13 AM
You are selling them through the business, I understand the costing now. When we originally spoke (Kompressed) I thought this was just a little side project you made, but now I see what exactly is going on.

I have no problem with you personally and never did, I hope you can see where my concern has come from and why I questioned the things that I did.

Poopie, I understand putting the "honed" finish now. Thanks
[up]

thanks for all the support guys. i never once thought id be in the position im in. i mean, im just a punk kid, well, punk adult now i guess, who happens to like german cars. and im totally digging audi @ the moment. [:)]

Ian@Absolute
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
So whats this special washer made of? Alloy steel 4140 with heat treat? What are its dimensions?
btw. those are coiled spiral pins. not cotter pins. [cool]

audispeed
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
the clear solution here is that people should stop doing anything for this platform [rolleyes]

[up] for someone actually doing something good and offering it to everyone. if you dont like the price dont buy it and do it yourself.

gotaudi
04-25-2008, 02:16 PM
with this come with a tutorial on how to do it? I don't even need everything I am just worried about the differential in the 2001 car.

Ian@Absolute
04-25-2008, 02:20 PM
no tutorial. but i will be more than happy to help w/ any questions.

i may even give you a phone # to call if it comes down to it. [:)]

HIERLEVELZ
04-25-2008, 07:37 PM
You didnt answer my questions. And a pin is a pin is a pin.

Ian@Absolute
04-27-2008, 09:43 AM
with this come with a tutorial on how to do it? I don't even need everything I am just worried about the differential in the 2001 car.
i posted your tutorial. [;)]

Ian@Absolute
05-03-2008, 06:25 PM
bump.

manufan
05-03-2008, 07:03 PM

These are the things that Ian figured out with his own curiosity and zeal. He wanted to see if he could mod his Torsen to suit his own needs. Now, he's being kind enough to share his results in the form of a ready made, proven, "kit". The price of the kit is in no way unfair.

Nothing in the world of prototype machining is inexpensive. From the price of steel to the minimum amount that the heat treating companies charge, to the actual labor itself. And, for the poster who thinks that it takes only a few minutes to grind these washers to the proper dimension, he hasn't a clue.

Well done Ian, don't let the malcontents deter you from continuing on your quest.

Ian@Absolute
05-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Well done Ian, don't let the malcontents deter you from continuing on your quest.
thanks. youve been a huge help. [:)]

Lambo
11-05-2008, 03:48 PM

this is done when the front and rear axles are rotating at different speeds. ex: cornering or wheels spinning.

Hi Guys, Im am trying to build a Countach as AWD the box i have found is a AKT from a 1990 Quattro 90 and has a rear ratio of 4.55 (dissassembled it to discover) Am i correct that the standard bios split is 33 to the front and 67 to the rear, as my project will be mid engine the existing Audi front wheels will be at the rear and the rear drive will be taken up to the Audi rear diff mounted up front will that get the 67% , if so is there any way to use the washers to reverse the bios , ie 33% front (old rear diff) and 67% to the transaxle normal diff.
Does anyone have a idea of the gearboxes ratios or a copy of the trans manual.
Also will it matter to the torsen if the rear wheel circ is 50mm larger than the front will it live with the difference, a standard 016 centre diff seems to cope with the difference.

Many thanks for any help
Best Regards
Graeme.

karmad
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM
So this does wat the stasis one does but for way less?

and is this available for TIPs or just manuals?

oldblu
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
can someone tutor me on how replacing washers affects the bias?

biketsai
11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
So this does wat the stasis one does but for way less?

and is this available for TIPs or just manuals?

x2!

Fink_tha_Audi
11-05-2008, 11:14 PM

What is the benefit of having a different bias? Better Quattro or Autocross feel or drag?

manufan
11-06-2008, 04:26 AM
There has been quite a bit written about this. Here's one of the original threads.

read and learn (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206706&highlight=diff+mod)

Fink_tha_Audi
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
There has been quite a bit written about this. Here's one of the original threads.

read and learn (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206706&highlight=diff+mod)

Thanks for the link. I've read the thread along with a numerous of other ones and I still dont have a simple answer to my question. So 4:1 = more RWD behavior or better AWD.

Poopie
11-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the link. I've read the thread along with a numerous of other ones and I still dont have a simple answer to my question. So 4:1 = more RWD behavior or better AWD.

it only sends more power to the rears when the fronts sense a difference in wheel speed like when its understeering and losing traction. Better tires are more important, but this mod is fun if you have shitty tires.

A4Rob
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
bump

Anyone installed theirs yet?

bassed
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
bump

Anyone installed theirs yet?

I grabbed Poopie's old diff with the 4:1.

317ssayzarc
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I grabbed Poopie's old diff with the 4:1.

And.... LOL

t1demont1
11-18-2008, 10:57 AM
ive had it done for a while now. shit was so easy to do.

A4Rob
11-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Good to hear. I'm doing mine next weekend probably.

biketsai
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
LMK how it goes/ install time etc.

bassed
11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
And.... LOL

I go round turns harder than I used to trying to drift yo! I keed I keed, to be 100% honest I can noy break the rear loose any easier than before, frankly the car feels like it's more nuetral during turn in. I am a point and shoot guy Jake;) I late apex no different now than before, except I just keep adding power year after year. Until I get out lapping in the spring I won't be 100% sure on how much improvement they make. I will be adding sways and some other suspension items which will likely affect things much more.

317ssayzarc
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Seriously when you get a real high horsepower awd car and start adding power in at the apex, shits scary... It's very very rewarding when done to perfection, and you know you get it just right when you barley hit your turn out lol

djwimbo
11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
LMK how it goes/ install time etc.

<2hrs. I think I had my diff out in 15-20 mins. I was in class too, so i was told to make it take >1hr, so I fiddle farted around.

Ian grabbed Poopie's diff ... [rolleyes]

I still love mine. You can ask all the employees of companies surrounding my work. My shit's sideways any time I can get away with it.

I did notice (with Hotchkis helping) a lot more neutral feeling in corners, as opposed to before where I had massive understeer. Going from an autoX world to the one track day I made this year, I fell in love with the 4:1.
I can't even explain how much I improved my track driving skills in one day, I can't wait for next season. [drive]

I did notice that the setup in corners made a world of a difference as well. I would imagine it would feel a lot more stable with coilovers vs my stock sport suspension. Depending on how I setup each corner, exiting the previous, made a huge difference on whether or not it under or oversteered.

Note the new Avatar, that Mo-Fo is a ton of fun.

A4Rob
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Nice I can't wait.

bassed
11-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Seriously when you get a real high horsepower awd car and start adding power in at the apex, shits scary... It's very very rewarding when done to perfection, and you know you get it just right when you barley hit your turn out lol

How long ago did you get your license? Have you had your BT yet alone BAT on the street yet? Don't take offense but I have more break in miles than you do on your B5 in total. Jake I have 20k on my car in 1 year, mind you the 119k on it since owning it. When you lap your car for the first time let me know. Please don't take this as me me being a pompous old guy, buy you've yet to get your car out on the track in stock form so you 're opinion is uneducated. Apples to oranges unless it's the same car and you have zempirical data it's all opinion...No offense but you're still beyond being a track noob.

<2hrs. I think I had my diff out in 15-20 mins. I was in class too, so i was told to make it take >1hr, so I fiddle farted around.

Ian grabbed Poopie's diff ... [rolleyes]

I still love mine. You can ask all the employees of companies surrounding my work. My shit's sideways any time I can get away with it.

I did notice (with Hotchkis helping) a lot more neutral feeling in corners, as opposed to before where I had massive understeer. Going from an autoX world to the one track day I made this year, I fell in love with the 4:1.
I can't even explain how much I improved my track driving skills in one day, I can't wait for next season. [drive]

I did notice that the setup in corners made a world of a difference as well. I would imagine it would feel a lot more stable with coilovers vs my stock sport suspension. Depending on how I setup each corner, exiting the previous, made a huge difference on whether or not it under or oversteered.

Note the new Avatar, that Mo-Fo is a ton of fun.

Yup I did grab Aarons old diff my 10+ track days and my development sure made it hard to see a difference in before and after. 99.9999999999% bof people don't need this, it's not negligible.

biketsai
11-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Sounds good,i think im gonna do mine soon

317ssayzarc
11-18-2008, 10:56 PM
How long ago did you get your license? Eh, well I'm 19 now, got it when I was 16, so not too longHave you had your BT yet alone BAT on the street yet? Yea, a couple hundred miles, not too much Don't take offense but I have more break in miles than you do on your B5 in total. Jake I have 20k on my car in 1 year, mind you the 119k on it since owning it. When you lap your car for the first time let me know. I'll lap it when I can afford to Please don't take this as me me being a pompous old guy, buy you've yet to get your car out on the track in stock form so you 're opinion is uneducated. Yup, this is true Apples to oranges unless it's the same car and you have zempirical Word is too fancy for my 19 yr old brain [>_>]data it's all opinion...No offense but you're still beyond being a track noob.

I really really don't care what people say Ian... You have any idea how much shit I get for being 19? Honestly...

I can build Porsche motors all day, and continue to build VAG motors regularly... Shit, I'm building a 2.7T tommorrow... So since I'm 19, does that mean I haven't had enough experience and one of you guys at 2x yrs old is better qualified? I think not...

I drove the shit out of everything from a Miata to a F430, and the downright scariest shit was trying to get a k26'd 993TT around an apex with a little gas in it... Once you get beyond the crazy awhp range, with torque to match, stuff gets crazy... Also a nasty Evo came by the shop, same corner, same on limit craziness...

That's all I was saying... I've been fucked with enough tonite, so please forgive me since I'm a bit high strung [headbang]

317ssayzarc
11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Fuck people...

Im out

UCFQuattroguy
11-19-2008, 04:21 AM
Having run a 4:1 for a year now...I can vouch for what Ian said about the 99.9% of people thing. You can have the best tools, but unless you know how to use them...it's useless. It's all about learning to drive the car. These torsen quattro cars are different to drive from say...an EVO8 (I've driven one at an auto-x).

Now...if you think the A4 is bad getting off the corner with the stock center diff...try an EVO8 with 425awhp. You cannot get that thing to do anything but understeer with your right foot (and yes, the car was "properly" setup for auto-x). Even with my A4 just having K03 power/torque levels, there have been times where too much throttle resulted in the back-end coming out on me, and that's with sticky r-compound rubber.

In all...I think at the end of the day a BIG variable is the suspension you have around the car.

onemoremile
11-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Car control > the car.

I've tracked the car with several different suspension and tire setups ranging from street tires on stock suspension with H-Sport bars to fully balanced coilovers with specific alignment, track brakes, and track tires. ALL of the setups are capable of understeer if entry is too hot or oversteer with proper weight transfer. In a front heavy all wheel drive car the ability to transfer load/weight to a given corner is critical is getting the car to do what you want. My car is very prone to lift throttle oversteer in one particular corner but tends to understeer in long sweepers even if I pump the throttle to unsettle the rear.

Seat time > wrench time.

That said, I'd still like to try this mod.

djwimbo
11-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Car control > the car.

Seat time > wrench time.

Agreed on both parts. The second one I have A LOT to catch up on.

It's weird looking back at the ONE day I ran at Grattan and trying to figure out when and why it was understeering. The stretch between #9 and #10 I couldn't get right all day. #2 was just terrible (mostly from the brakes being WAY overheated) understeer.
Turn 5 through 8 was surprisingly controlled oversteer. Sooo much fun.

I still don't understand why everyone is scared of turn #3, I was having a blast.

Basically I need more track time, better pads/rotors and to get those stickies mounted.

InTTruder
11-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Some of you obvioulsy don't understand the difference between Home Depoot and precision tooling.

Interesting idea. I haven't decided my Avant needs this yet, but the theory is all good. Do you have any removed components that you've since tested/measured/examined for wear, etc?

dougyfresh
11-19-2008, 08:21 AM
I have it in my car. Super easy to install..

photos: http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2646778#post2646778

djwimbo
11-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Interesting idea. I haven't decided my Avant needs this yet, but the theory is all good. Do you have any removed components that you've since tested/measured/examined for wear, etc?

Nope, and to be 100% honest, when I pulled my diff out the torsen gears looked slightly "apple cored" too.

I never really measured them in the first place either. I basically just pulled the torrington bearings out, slapped in the washers and pretty much guessed how much torque to tighten the two halves together with (I have a 2 piece diff).

There's a good amount of science, math, research, etc that goes into Torsen diff designs, and I decided to mess with mine for ~$155 and some spare time. [wrench]
Good idea? I'm not a real engineer, I'm a backyard engineer, so I'm happy with the results.

20vturbo
11-30-2008, 04:05 PM
hey I have to return the kt you sent me..I removed my torsen and it's quite diff..First it has this metal sleeve over that has to be removed in oreder to take it apart..next the washers are 2 different sizes one is smaller but was the same..2004 a4 usp 6 gear

UCFQuattroguy
12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Not surprised. I think being that the B6's got the 01E (??), they run a slightly larger diff than the 01A 5-speeds.

sean1.8t
12-01-2008, 07:22 PM
shit. i've been procrastinating this for sometime now. and now this news?

are there any B6 guys that have done the mod out there?

UCFQuattroguy
12-02-2008, 03:57 AM
All you need to do is take apart the diff and get our your micrometer to do some measuring.

sean1.8t
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
well yes. but im really just too lazy of a guy to do that [:p]

njm23
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
shit. i've been procrastinating this for sometime now. and now this news?

are there any B6 guys that have done the mod out there?

Doug has a b6 and he has it done, unless that 2.8 trans is outta a b5? then well idk..

I have it in my car. Super easy to install..

photos: http://audizine.com/forum/showthread...78#post2646778

dougyfresh
12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
/\
The center diff in my 1.8 trans (2002) and my 2.8 trans (1999) is the same model. I had both of them apart when I did this mod. The washers would have fit in either but I chose to install them in my 2.8 trans.

Castor Troy
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Are these still available? I sent an email to Ian at the address in the original post, but have yet to receive a response.

If not from Ian, does anyone else have these available?

djwimbo
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Are these still available? I sent an email to Ian at the address in the original post, but have yet to receive a response.

If not from Ian, does anyone else have these available?

Ian is no longer associated with Absolute.

k0mpresed is the screen name you would be after. (spelled with a zero not a capitol O)

manufan
02-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Get with Evan. absolute automotive (http://www.absoluteautomotive.com/)

$teady$upreme
09-22-2014, 11:32 PM
revive these. If enough interests, can we have another run?