PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with H&R Springs on Sport Suspension

JoBuNY
04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
I seen this post about the difference in lowering with the sport suspension

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198683&highlight=lowering+springs

I was wondering who here has actually lowered their car with H&R springs and sport suspension and how low it actually took them? I read that post I linked to, but those are just numbers on paper.

I'm looking for people who actually installed them on their car and how much of a drop they actually got. I just found out I have a broken coil so I need to get springs, I have 18"s sitting in my garage to be installed but now I gotta get springs first before installing them.

thanks

biketsai
04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I am on sport struts with H&R race springs, 18" rims.
Perfect height..look at my sig picture.

JoBuNY
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
do you rub at all when going over bumps or anything like that?

I live in NY and a lot of our roads have big dips or bumps to them

did you roll your fenders at all?

Revolution02
04-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Im interested in this also. How is the ride comfort? Like many of the other members on here I dont want to loose my comfort but I do want to increase my performance yet I dont have a lot of cash to do so yet.

Kronic Budz
04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
how is the ride quality on sport shocks slammed on race springs?

speedydragon
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Neuspeed sports on grooved bilstein set on the highest groove. I run 18x8s with 235/40 tires. No rub at all, and every time I go through a speed bump, I'd go through it diagonal, don't wanna take the risk!

JoBuNY
04-24-2008, 01:07 PM
according to Neuspeed using their sport springs on a Factory Sport Suspension gives you little to no drop.....? did you notice a drop in your ride when you put them on?

xwindyx003
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
i have h&r sports on s4 suspension...its lowered 1in + and the ride is not bad....it corners exceptionally well but it could be bit lower....for anyone low on cash...used s4 shocks are a good alternative if your low on cash...make sure they are low mile'd though.

speedydragon
04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
according to Neuspeed using their sport springs on a Factory Sport Suspension gives you little to no drop.....? did you notice a drop in your ride when you put them on?

I'm not sure if that question is for me haha. This car was previously owned by my mom and she did the suspension. I was a bit too young to remember how high the car was when stock. Right now it sits on the highest groove, and next to other stock b5 avants, I am noticably lower and look a lot more aggressive. On stock 16in (the wheels with like hella spokes) there's a 1.5 finger gap in front and 2 finger gap in back. With my current 18s, it's 2 in front and 2.5 in back. I kno I should lower it, but I dun wanna ruin the ride quality.

Edit: I've read in a few posts that sport springs only lower your car by a lil bit if you're switching from stock sport. I'd go with race if I were you