PDA

View Full Version : I hate my car (update)

JMG
09-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Here's an update to my previous post about my car
( http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20398 )

As some of you might know I was selling my OEM B5 A4/S4 cover. Jose from Euro Tech bought it from me so I passed by the shop earlier today to drop it off. While I was there I brought up several of the issues I've been having with my car. We put the car on the lift and started poking around. Turns out the oil leak was due to the effin oil drain plug not being screwed in all the way. It was so damn obvious! How could a cometant mechanic not see/remember to tighten it? It was sticking out! Thanks ******* Audi! (I wont name names right now).

We also looked at my clunky suspension which turned out to be a minor matter and not the control arms that ******* Audi claimed it was. This was a different dealership than mentioned above. Damn, I running out of dealerships to have faith in.

All in all Jose is a standup guy. He didn't have to take the time to take a look at my car, bu the did. LOL. For once I was getting money from the mechanic! (for the car cover!) I will definitely be going to him for my TB change.

Anyway, I feel alot better now about my car. I need to do my brakes soon, and hopefully I will solve my whinning noise problem at the same time.

I <B 0000

EugeneK
09-10-2004, 03:50 PM
i've heard only good things about jose @ eurotech, been meaning to take my car to him to get serviced but he's too far..

sumpsfast
09-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Talked to him 3 times yesterday and I will see him again in January. No words can express the type of guy he is, and his mechanic skills speak for themselves.

Even if you do have a big issue with your car, he has a way of dilluting the situation every time.

PROPS (thats big props) to Jose at Eurotech!

sumpsfast
09-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh yeah, glad the car is OK Joe!

RippleChip
09-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Glad to hear the love is back.

needforspd
09-10-2004, 04:38 PM
I need to go to him to read my damn CEL but Im to lazy.

LOL

ianlionzion
09-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I read your previous post and am glad everything turned out OK. I guess you won't be taking your car in to the dealerships anymore...At least I hope not, now that you've found a 'great' mechanic.

Jose did my timing belt and a few other things last month. Now that my car is out of warranty, he is the only one I will take it to.

JMG
09-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ianlionzion
I read your previous post and am glad everything turned out OK. I guess you won't be taking your car in to the dealerships anymore...At least I hope not, now that you've found a 'great' mechanic.

Jose did my timing belt and a few other things last month. Now that my car is out of warranty, he is the only one I will take it to.

Im still under warranty, so I will still be going to the dealer for covered items. Jose will be my primary after that!

SFexBOY
09-10-2004, 08:46 PM
what was the clunky suspension you were getting, and what did you guys narrow it down to? Just curious to know if it's the same problem I'm having.

piaadoll
09-10-2004, 09:14 PM
thank goodness this is all resolved joe! *phew* i was getting worried there for a moment. [:)]

Audi18tAWD
09-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SFexBOY
what was the clunky suspension you were getting, and what did you guys narrow it down to? Just curious to know if it's the same problem I'm having.

Im curious to know this as well...

JMG
09-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by SFexBOY

If I go up driveways at a sharp angle one of the rear tires will lift up naturally. This causes the spring in my suspension to lift up abit from the shock perch and case a clunk noise. Normally this happens if the springs aren't seated just right. Mine are off alittle, but it's nothing serious (aka $$$$) like control arms.