PDA

View Full Version : please help with avic navigation

sotirakis
04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
please help me guys. i have my avic installed in my 04 s4 and i can't get the nav to work. it's picking up 3 satellites which sucks but at least it's working. everything works except the nav. i even hooked up the speed sensor wire. i drive around town and it doesn't move at all. first it was staying put in new york (i live in philadelphia) until i changed the location to my house. but still, nothing happens when i'm driving around. what's the deal? oh, and i thought it might have been bad reception so i put the antenna on the dash to test it out but still the same thing.

likewater
04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
For the guys that will really know how to help you, go to > http://avic411.com/ and check in the forums.

scabdc
04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
please help me guys. i have my avic installed in my 04 s4 and i can't get the nav to work. it's picking up 3 satellites which sucks but at least it's working. everything works except the nav. i even hooked up the speed sensor wire. i drive around town and it doesn't move at all. first it was staying put in new york (i live in philadelphia) until i changed the location to my house. but still, nothing happens when i'm driving around. what's the deal? oh, and i thought it might have been bad reception so i put the antenna on the dash to test it out but still the same thing.
I had the same issue. You need to move your GPS antenna (in my case I had to move it closer to the center of the car) and this should solve it. Did for me.

notachance
04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Not sure the answer to your question but I have a question. For those that have the D3 and the bose sound system do you have any problems with it or does it hook up fine. And is there anything i need to make it work ?

likewater
04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
It works perfectly with the Bose and actually makes it sound much better - really wakes it up.

sotirakis
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
i'll try moving the antenna to the center, but i don't know how that's gonna work cause it's resting on my dash now.

UBERS4
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
My antenna is located in the fuse box as there is a little cubby hole which is a perfect fit for it. Once the unit gets situated when driving, my navi works fine. My biggest problem has come from a grounding issue that has caused a strange, low pitched noice [headbang]

sotirakis
04-24-2008, 06:54 AM
had it in the fuse box. seemed like a perfect place for it but it wasn't working. could there be a problem with my antenna? i've even held it out the window and nothing

b00st
04-24-2008, 12:38 PM
It works perfectly with the Bose and actually makes it sound much better - really wakes it up.

10x on that.

b00st
04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
had it in the fuse box. seemed like a perfect place for it but it wasn't working. could there be a problem with my antenna? i've even held it out the window and nothing

your best bet is avic411.com or time to take it into a shop who knows how to install it.