PDA

View Full Version : ECS Snub...Would install threaten warranty?

BGEDWN
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
I don't think so, but you never know with these stealerships. If something bad happens to the powertrain, they will look for any way out. Your thoughts?

40valve
04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm just speaking for myself and I really feel that whenever I replace a stock part with an aftermarket one I understand that the dealer can refuse to cover it under warranty because that aftermarket part was not there when you bought the car. If they do that's great though.

Stevelev
04-22-2008, 10:45 AM
To VOID the warranty, they've got to prove the part caused the problem first (not to mention notice that it isn't stock!). I had the APR snub on my B6 and now have one on my B7 [up]

jerrym
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
stealership warranty ftl :(

b00st
04-22-2008, 12:11 PM
correct. just having an aftermarket part does not void you warranty. it has to be found that the aftermarket part caused said failure....then they won't warranty it. though i happen to know an audi dealership manager...and the second they see aftermarket....they deny warranty.

it helps going to mod friendly dealers. we are lucky enough to have continnetal audi which has now joined forces with stasis and now sell stasis audis with full factory warranty. and they knew what was up with aftermarket parts. tons of us brought our cars in because they knew all about it all. whether we were a stage 3 s4 or whatever the case was. if a warrantied part was warranted....then so be it.

BGEDWN
04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
It's universally understood that a catback will not affect the powertrain warranty, but downpipes will. Does anyone know if this is the case for a snub, that basically it has AoA/Audi dealer's "blessing" as a harmless mod?