PDA

View Full Version : My N75J experience

sumpsfast
09-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Last night, finally was able to get the new valve installed. Ran nice for the test drive last night. This morning....LIMP mode. Didnt know what was going on at first but eventually figured it out. I vagged it this morning at work. Later this afternoon I cleared the code and the car was runnung better.

On the way home I experienced RIDICULOUS boost. I do not have boost gauge in yet but I definitely noticed a remarkable change. Whether this was abnormal or not Im not sure, but the car was begging to accelerate. I have never felt the car pull like that.

So until I throw codes again I will leave it.

----APR chip at mile high is my situation!

Rieger_RS4
09-09-2004, 09:35 PM
so did you feel a difference in performance?

Ben@SpeedBarn
09-09-2004, 09:40 PM
So why are you selling it now if it gave you so much power?

sumpsfast
09-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Because I knew it was going to throw me back into limp mode. It did it again tonight. It is the elevation I guess. Nobody seems to have problems at sea level so someone there should pick it up. I would keep it for sure if I could maintain working use while installed.

EVIL-AUDI
09-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Pretty much the same thing alot of other people have gone through

Audi_Sniper
09-10-2004, 05:47 AM
I was going into limp mode all the time when I first got mine. That was until I found out I put it in the wrong way. Make sure you have install it the right way.The valve's harness connector will be pointed 180 degrees different from the stock N75 valve's harness connector.

Look
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=18564

Daft
09-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Good call. The plumbing of the N75 is crucial to it's operation.

The long end always goes into the intake pipe but, the leg opposite of the long one always goes to the wastegate actuator.

With the N75 hooked up wrong, your wastegate will never open and boost will skyrocket.

I've been running the J valve for over a year now and I never get boost spikes at all. I do get a nice smooth acceleration curve though.

A4 in SC
09-10-2004, 07:47 AM
What chip are you running Daft? Aren't you running a GIAC chip? Just curious.

I am running an APR chip, and was thinking about doing the N75J valve too. Not too sure after reading Sumpsfast's experiences so far though.

A4 in SC
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Ah, I just checked out your website. So you're running a Wett chip? What kind of boost are you getting? Just curious...

Mike

Daft
09-10-2004, 07:56 AM
I'm running a 1.1bar program right now. MY boost goes right to 15Psi and then makes a slight nudge to 16. At 5K boost reduces to 10Psi on the dot.

Never hit limp, never spiked.

The main reason I started goofing with the N75 was because the C valve I had was causing boost to fluctuate through each gear. Boost would go up then down and then up again. It made no sense to me. As soon as I installed the J valve it was night and day. The car pulls away and stays dead on until I let off. That's how it should be.

yellowaudi24psi
09-10-2004, 09:19 AM
anyone have a part number on the n75 valve? and a price?

Audi_Sniper
09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by A4 in SC

I am running an APR chip, and was thinking about doing the N75J valve too. Not too sure after reading Sumpsfast's experiences so far though.

I have a APR chip and have had the N75J valve on the car for about a year now. I have not gone into limp mode or have had any problems with it. You just need to make sure you put it on the correct way. I did not at first and thought it was junk for going into limp mode all the time. But after I found out I had it in the wrong way everthing has been fine.

Audi_Sniper
09-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by yellowaudi24psi
anyone have a part number on the n75 valve? and a price?
I got mine fromhttp://www.impexfap.com and the part # is 034906283J

sumpsfast
09-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Hey yellow, I am going to reinstall before I sell it, got your message and I will let you know.

Thanks

sumpsfast
09-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Anyone at higher elevations have any problems with the valve?

Audi_Sniper
09-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by sumpsfast
Hey yellow, I am going to reinstall before I sell it,

Even after I reinstalled it I kept going into limp mode. I was told it will keep doing it because it is stored in you ECU. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that? But I was told to disconnect the battery for about 15min to reset the ECU. After I did that I was fine...

sumpsfast
09-11-2004, 02:26 PM
results later today!

4ingDrive
09-11-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Daft
I'm running a 1.1bar program right now. MY boost goes right to 15Psi and then makes a slight nudge to 16. At 5K boost reduces to 10Psi on the dot.

Never hit limp, never spiked.

The main reason I started goofing with the N75 was because the C valve I had was causing boost to fluctuate through each gear. Boost would go up then down and then up again. It made no sense to me. As soon as I installed the J valve it was night and day. The car pulls away and stays dead on until I let off. That's how it should be.

Same experience I had. Boost is more consistent for me with the J.

sumpsfast
09-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Got the damm thing in right and I am running sooooo smooth (assisted by the new NGK BKR6E plugs)! Thanks guys.

Audi_Sniper
09-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Got the damm thing in right and I am running sooooo smooth (assisted by the new NGK BKR6E plugs)! Thanks guys.

*LOL* Is it still for sale now?

Glad to hear it's all good. [;)]

Daft
09-12-2004, 08:03 PM

Excellent! Glad to hear that it worked out.

yellowaudi24psi
09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info whtbutterofrage
i just ordered it

Audi_Sniper
09-13-2004, 12:11 PM
i just ordered it

Anytime [;)]

EVIL-AUDI
09-13-2004, 12:37 PM
i just ordered it

Why would you run that if you say you have a T28?