PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an aftermarket clutch?

andyrew
04-20-2008, 05:07 PM
So ive been driving a year on this car, I've only did a "launch" 3 times and that was a 1/2 second release at 3k rpms (the one that nailed me a 6.7sec on my GTEC, or at least so it said; whatever it was it was a perfect launch, first try).

The clutch is fully engaged about 1" from the very top and is depressed about 2.5" from the top. Leaving me not a lot of room. YET I can slip the clutch all I want and if I want it to grab I just drop it. I have never had it slip on my without my foot on it.

I have done many, many full throttle runs, clutch downshifts, but never really anything like a burnout or a high rpm launch (Figuring it was the stock clutch).

I have a stock Ko3, aftermarket coils, GIAC program, KNN filter w/ airbox mod, Greedy FMIC, Borla exhaust w/ cutout.

I have never gotten any clutch slippage on any roads. 5th gear, 70mph major hills full throttle... nothing.

Is there a small access port I can see the clutch at? I have a lift..

I have a stage 3 APR turbo kit waiting to go in, and it will with this clutch.. that will be the ultimate test..

Thoughts?

audiness
04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
my stock clutch is the same way, i don't like that it's fully depressed at 2" in. Literally a tiny movement of my leg and i'm shifting.

Every other manual trans i've driven you have to put the clutch almost to the floor... so it's been a big learning curve getting used to this damn thing

Poopie
04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
my stock clutck on a k04 held just fine with light launching. I bet its stock. Its tough to tell with out splitting the bell housing to peak in. There are a few holes on the bottom of the bell housing but I think you can only see the flywheel.

mike-2ptzero
04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a stock clutch, the aftermarket clutch setups are cut so that the clutch grabs below half way on the pedal.

B518T
04-20-2008, 09:02 PM
stock