PDA

View Full Version : Clutch kit/flywheel recommendations for this set up?

znatale630
04-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a clutch/flywheel kit for my set up...
I just had both clutch and flywheel replaced like 9 months ago and already the clutch is slipping. I had replaced it with a stock. But only on recommendation that it would be fine... I guess that was bad advice. Do you think you could help me out? here's what I am running/the upgrades I have right now...

Neuspeed K04 turbo upgrade kit
Neuspeed exhaust system
Neuspeed short shifter
Mach V/Random Technologies high flow cat
Turbo XS bypass valve
Evo Motorsports open element intake system
Evo Motorsports Front-mounted intercooler
Defi Heads Up Display boost gauge/turbo timer
Neuspeed Sport springs
Neuspeed billet lower tie bar
Neuspeed upgrade rear sway bar

Any help would be really appreciated! I have the car in the shop as we speak and would like to get this baby road ready asap. thanks!!

mike-2ptzero
04-17-2008, 08:44 PM
South Bend stage 3 or stage 4. Stage 3 retails for $450 and the Stage 4 $585.

For a LWFW I would suggest the 16 lbs Billet Steel, it retails for $395 + shipping.

znatale630
04-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Any recommended places to purchase? websites I can check out? Is there a particular brand for the LWFW? Or does it matter?

Also, in my searches, I've noticed a few options for the South Bend clutches... HD vs SS... is that something I should take into account?

Thanks again!

mike-2ptzero
04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I sent you a PM.

The SS pressure plate has a higher clamping pressure then the HD.

onemoremile
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I've got the stage 4 SS with the Neuspeed K04, exhaust, etc.. The clutch will definitely hold the power and feels close to stock. The non-SS plate will be even closer to stock but the SS plate is what lets the car launch and makes sure there is no slippage.

FWIW, the Neuspeed K04 software is weak sauce. Giac is the way to go. I've had the Neu-K04 for about 4 years and the clutch for more than 3.

znatale630
04-18-2008, 12:26 PM
onemoremile...

I've heard that about the Neuspeed KO4 software as well... Now, can I run the GIAC software with the Neuspeed Chip? or do I have to get my ECU re-chipped with a GIAC? Reflashed? What's the process there? What's the cost? Also, are you running a LWFW? If so, what one? What clutch/flywheel combo are you using? Was it the SouthBend stage4 ss?

Sorry to slam you with all of these questions... I appreciate your help.