PDA

View Full Version : CAI on the driver side

PoWeRof4
04-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Is anyone running this intake from ludwig? Does anyone think this would actually make any difference?

here it is
http://estrictlyforeign.com/asp/product.asp?category=8&ID=11898

sixfiveoh
04-17-2008, 02:27 PM
That's a pretty bad picture for showing off your product. But in answer to your question, no. We see minimal gains at most from CAIs. But they sound cool [:D]

Read the newb guide!

djwimbo
04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I'll pass, no dyno charts, looks shady, and just cut the bottom of your stock airbox out. It'll look stock but flow more and add a little sound to your ride.

sixfiveoh
04-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Just saw the price. Godddamnnnn. That's alot for a cheapo intake. I picked up my used Carbonio for less, probably the only CAI I'd run, only because it looks clean to boot.

http://sixfiveohphoto.com/audi/carbonio2.jpg

devmaster
04-17-2008, 03:13 PM
i dont get that intake, y does it have a pipe running behind the engine to the drivers side.. being that the turbo is right under the intake.. shady

ILoveT
04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I'll pass, no dyno charts, looks shady, and just cut the bottom of your stock airbox out. It'll look stock but flow more and add a little sound to your ride.

Dyno charts don't mean shit. [;)]

tamadrumr88
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
strictly foreign is a joke and they're products are junk. they're local to us... i think that that was their mk3 2.0 turbo jetta in 2gay2furious

sixfiveoh
04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Sweet engine cover. Lol.

Mad_Audi
04-17-2008, 07:24 PM
LOL @ the engine cover....gross.

intake looks even gayer

speedydragon
04-18-2008, 12:16 AM
seems like that site that sells elbow grease and headlight/blinker fluid lol

Bic-Ball
04-18-2008, 12:23 AM
i found a better pic here:
http://www.estrictlyforeign.com/images/IMG_2230_JPG_large_LN.jpg

it puts the filter under the intake manifold....

djwimbo
04-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Dyno charts don't mean shit. [;)]

Well, it sells products for Edelbrock and Holley, why not fool the newbs to the Euro market.

i dont get that intake, y does it have a pipe running behind the engine to the drivers side.. being that the turbo is right under the intake.. shady

since when does Audi put a turbo under the intake manifold? I know the 1.9Tdi's aren't a crossflow head and thus the turbo and the intake are on the same side, but we don't get those over here.
The "CAI" filter is under the intake, but I don't think it's really going to get that much cooler air there. Best place for a filter I can think of is: (A) stock location, or (B) right by your A/C accumulator.

Durkin
04-18-2008, 03:38 AM
since when does Audi put a turbo under the intake manifold?

I think he was refering to the turbo being under the intake in the stock location (filter-MAF-TIP-Turbo)

Best place for a filter I can think of is: (A) stock location, or (B) right by your A/C accumulator.

Agreed.. if i didint live in areas with roads that flood often i'd have my filter near my A/C accumulator... but i'm only chipped so the samco tip works well...

djwimbo
04-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I think he was refering to the turbo being under the intake in the stock location (filter-MAF-TIP-Turbo)

Agreed.. if i didint live in areas with roads that flood often i'd have my filter near my A/C accumulator... but i'm only chipped so the samco tip works well...

I know, but I had some fun at somebody else's expense. my bad, sorry.

I am chipped as well, however I want my car to remain as stock looking as much as possible. The problem is when I upgrade to a GTRS.
I'm actually considering building an intake to go down into the A/c accumulator area, but come up into my stock box. Downside, I already cut a big ass hole in the bottom of my stock box and de-ribbed the entire inside of it. The way I have it now it'll pick air up out of that area, but not indefinitely. NTM I'm too lazy to build a heat sheild.