PDA

View Full Version : HID kit stopped working!! help

TH85
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
hey eveybody...
i recently ordered and had a body shop instal an hid kit into my valeo ecodes and it was working great until a few days ago when i would hit bumps my headlights would go out and go back on real quickly and then just last night as i was driving the lights went out for 5 minutes...then went back on for a few seconds and then just went off and the dont go back on...(both hid lenses went out at the same time)

so im taking it back to the body shop but i cant get in until wednesday so is there anything i can check myself? i already looked at all the connections from the power converter box to the headlights and everything seems fine.
maybe a fuse went out?

sucks cause i cant drive at night now....

josmo
04-17-2008, 02:11 PM
where did you get your kit vvme?

josmo
04-17-2008, 02:17 PM
if you do check audiworld.com i know that they have a couple of articles about the ground wire not being strong enough or something along those lines. check it out its a cheap fix if thats the problem.

Toyotatech
04-17-2008, 07:26 PM
What kind of kit is it?

speedydragon
04-18-2008, 12:15 AM
I think it's the ballasts. I had the same problem with my cqlights kit and they replaced the ballasts under waranty. problem solved.

TH85
04-18-2008, 10:04 AM
i see...i hope im under warranty...
got them and installed them from an audi shop about a month ago...im looken up the name of the brand of the kit..have it later today

TH85
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM
so the brand is "Extreme HID lighting system"..thats what it says on the box...
anyone ever heard? i just had the audi body shop order the hid kit and thats what i got.

TH85
04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
so....i was driving around with my light switch on..but the lights still were not working and then suddenly it went back on for 15 minutes and then back off.
could this be a connection problem do u think???

eurotecknik
04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey bud, sorry to hear about your lights. You should go very hard on Renn-Art demand revange! Anyway, I cant help you. I just have the S4 oem HID and they are perfect.

TH85
04-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey bud, sorry to hear about your lights. You should go very hard on Renn-Art demand revange! Anyway, I cant help you. I just have the S4 oem HID and they are perfect.

haha...i know this sucks...and its a good 1hr out from the city with some traffic...