PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about putting the car back into stock...

Basar
09-09-2004, 12:02 AM
1. How long does it take to take off the AWE DTStabilizer? I am guessing around 30 minutes?
2. How long to take off the Neuspeed rear swaybar and put the stock one back on?
3. How long to take off Motorwerks ShortShifter Kit and put the stock one back on? Around 30 minutes again?
4. And how long to pull out the Vortrag Hyperco Springs / Bilstein Neuspeed Sport Shocks and put the stock suspension back on?

I am asking all these because I got all my mods done in a tunershop and never had any interest in DIY so I am just gonna take it back to a shop and get them to put the car back into stock unless some AZ member in Virginia offers to help me for good $$$.

BTW, all these parts will be sale after parting out:

AWE DriveTrain Stabilizer
GIAC Chip (Performance Program: PGL24.V03)
Motorwerks Short Shifter Kit
Neuspeed Swaybar
Autometer Boost Gauge
KAMEI Sport Front Grill (Type 4 4180)(Streckgitter)
Schroth Rallye 4-Point Racing Harness
Vortrag Hyperco Springs
Bilstein/Neuspeed Sport Shocks

Thanks.

OverSpun
09-09-2004, 12:06 AM
rear sway should take about 45, shortshifter about 45-1 hour depending on if you installed it and know what your doing. not sure about the others though.

SEXIC─N
09-09-2004, 12:09 AM
how long did you have the Bilstein/neuspeeds on for?
How much you lookin at for the Rear sway? also, is it adjustable?

Zodiak
09-09-2004, 07:52 AM
arg, I was just in town and have done all those installs I would've been happy to help you get all of those off. Oh well.

Basar
09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Ahh damn. Well, I can wait a little. When are you gonna be around VA/D.C. area again? The problem is, I don't have a lift :( Maybe I could get the DTS and swaybar out myself if I had a lift :(

Zodiak
09-09-2004, 03:41 PM
heh, i'm up at school and won't be back to DC until early november. If you have jack stands you can do the sway bar and DTS. Or you can post on the Mid-Atlantic forum on Audiworld. They'd all be glad to help i'm sure. and usually you can just pay them in beer

D Piddy
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
if by neuspeed sport shocks, u mean neusped sport springs with bilstein shocks, then i'm definitely interested in buyin them i'd like to get dibs on them if possible, could pay immediately

AudiMoto
09-09-2004, 04:27 PM
2nd on the M.A. peeps over on Audiworld helping you out...
they're a good bunch. check for Edness, he's now in Alexandira...
I dont know if that's close to you. there are others close to you as well...

I'll take that AWE DTS off your hands ! :) group shipping w/ D piddy's stuff lol

mwanr1
09-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Basar
4. And how long to pull out the Vortrag Hyperco Springs / Bilstein Neuspeed Sport Shocks and put the stock suspension back on?

Thanks. [/B]

Suspension for Quattro will probably take you close to 2-3 hrs depending if you are mechanically incline or not. I think the hardest is to compress the stock springs.

Good luck!!

D Piddy
09-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by AudiMoto
I'll take that AWE DTS off your hands ! :) group shipping w/ D piddy's stuff lol

where in CT do u live? i'd split the shippign wit ya!

AudiMoto
09-10-2004, 05:46 AM
greenwich.stamford area

close enough!

SilverA4Fun
09-10-2004, 06:00 AM
Hey Basr,

I can help you out and I'm in NoVa if you need tools, jack, etc. Figure under an hour for everything except the suspension, and then maybe 4hrs for that barring any issues. Obviously 2-3 people can tackle everything in an afternoon no problem, especially with the whole car on stands.

Basar
09-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SilverA4Fun
Hey Basr,

I can help you out and I'm in NoVa if you need tools, jack, etc. Figure under an hour for everything except the suspension, and then maybe 4hrs for that barring any issues. Obviously 2-3 people can tackle everything in an afternoon no problem, especially with the whole car on stands.

Wow that sounds great. Let me take a look at my schedule and ask my boss for what I'll be doing in the next couple of weeks and I'll let you know. I'll gladly pay whatever you see necessary (or beer/dinner/lunch/more?) as well :)

SEXIC─N
09-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Basar
I'll gladly pay whatever you see necessary (or beer/dinner/lunch/more?) as well :)

"more" eh? sounds kinky

Basar
09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Audi_A4_Quattro
"more" eh? sounds kinky

lol sorry to mess up your dream, i am a straight male [:p] [:D]