PDA

View Full Version : Depo Headlights on Ebay???

Ado
04-16-2008, 01:34 PM
hey guys. ok so i been looking around ebay for a set of new headights. came across this ebay pair but i dont know if they are the real DEPO headlights or the replica DEPO lights. for $200 its sounds good. Dose anybody have any experice with this lights?

link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-A4-96-99-CHROME-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-DEPO_W0QQitemZ310041940194QQcmdZViewItem

Yaktizzle417
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM
I have a set of them and I love them

Search.

burner799
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
get the one piece ado. they look way better, youll regret two piece fast

Ado
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
i did look around and serched around but i cant tell if they are the really depos. i just alos found this too.
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1063

wtf is the difference.

Ado
04-16-2008, 01:50 PM
ahah hey boris. how are ya.
i know i really should but im tired of waiting.

burner799
04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
^^im fine, haven't seen you for a while! tired of waiting for what? can you not find a set of one piece on ebay in your budget? I know ken has a set of extra s4 headlights with oem hid and ballasts and stuff but, not sure if his mom will let him sell them or not.

20vpower
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
^^ damn i was wondering if he had his oem ones still.....

trevor303
04-16-2008, 04:11 PM
you could also try these if you want to go with the 2pc ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-A4-95-98-EURO-CLEAR-S4-PROJECTOR-CORNERS-SET_W0QQitemZ310041107270QQihZ021QQcategoryZ33649Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are depos (i have them in mine) and others i have seen who have done business with that seller also have had good reviews

and you save a couple bucks :D

Ado
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
its seems that there are a lot of depo headlights that range from $145+
im just confused on why there is such a money differnce in lights. Importvision Motorsport sell a set of DEPO light for $229, and performance cafe sell a DEPO set also for $289. now all the light im talking about are 4pc kits. i would get the ebay set if they are the same DEPOs as everbody else sells. are they all made by DEPO?

20A4Audi1.8t01
04-16-2008, 06:35 PM
id get 1 pc depos would look much cleaner on ur car!!

Silverstreak98
04-16-2008, 08:03 PM
im just confused on why there is such a money differnce in lights. Importvision Motorsport sell a set of DEPO light for $229, and performance cafe sell a DEPO set also for $289. now all the light im talking about are 4pc kits. i would get the ebay set if they are the same DEPOs as everbody else sells. are they all made by DEPO?

Yep they are all the same, the $129 dollar ones are Depo. I've had them, but then upgraded to some S4 ecodes.

trevor303
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM

i would imagine that they are all depo, when i was looking around for new lights, they were pretty much the only company i found that made the 4pc kits

i have a feeling that the other sites are banking on the idea of "don't get it from ebay, it will be bad" (which, sometimes, is a good idea to follow) when they are exactly the same light though

i am not 100% sure about that though, just my guess

josmo
04-16-2008, 10:27 PM
i have those same exact ones but in black, from ebay. they aren't hard to instal. there are some little differences from the original headlight assemblys but nothing you can't figure out.(just simple stuff like the ground wire is green instead of black) i just put vvme HID in the a month ago by fair the greatest combineation bang for the bug upgrade i have made. cant say it enough

Ado
04-16-2008, 11:16 PM
i would imagine that they are all depo, when i was looking around for new lights, they were pretty much the only company i found that made the 4pc kits

i have a feeling that the other sites are banking on the idea of "don't get it from ebay, it will be bad" (which, sometimes, is a good idea to follow) when they are exactly the same light though

i am not 100% sure about that though, just my guess

thats why i was thinking but im not sure also. can somebody prove it.

burner799
04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
^^If it says depo on it.....then it's the real thing.

Justin, ken's mom wants him to keep his lights for some reason, I wanted to buy his ballasts but, she won't let him sell any of it so I guess thats out of the question. did you ever get those sideskirts? Wait a little longer and they're gonna be mine : P

oh and.....this may sound gay but, lemme feel your shift knob again. lol. I want a shorter throw and i know you have that other one but, I need to compare em strait up and see if it is actually noticeably shorter.....oh and I got full vag come 409.1 just need to get the ebay cable so we'll have full vag soon. will be helpful to log shit right onto my laptop for us.

endlesswinterco
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
got depo two peices from ebay for 200 shipped. they work just a great as any other $$$$ headlight. i want one peice but dont want to spend more money and cut up my fender to get them. not worth it to me. just my 2 cents.

TighTT
04-17-2008, 09:39 AM
My experience is that DEPO sucks monkey balls...but hey, thats just me. Go OEM+ or go home.

flyromeo3
04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
if you go with the one piece you'll have to grind down th edge of your fender where the corner light goes on.
Plus, once you put the 2-pc lights on you really wont be able to tell its 2-pc.

I pickd up a set of those but in blk and honestly, you cant really tell from a quick glance that they're two pc lights.

20vpower
04-17-2008, 03:50 PM
^^If it says depo on it.....then it's the real thing.

Justin, ken's mom wants him to keep his lights for some reason, I wanted to buy his ballasts but, she won't let him sell any of it so I guess thats out of the question. did you ever get those sideskirts? Wait a little longer and they're gonna be mine : P

oh and.....this may sound gay but, lemme feel your shift knob again. lol. I want a shorter throw and i know you have that other one but, I need to compare em strait up and see if it is actually noticeably shorter.....oh and I got full vag come 409.1 just need to get the ebay cable so we'll have full vag soon. will be helpful to log shit right onto my laptop for us.

i never got the skirts, it seems like too much work to find all the other hardware to mount. if your going to the marina meet sunday you can check the shifter there, let me know