PDA

View Full Version : Car problems continue..

erikas3
04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, I recently fixed my turbo actuator and now the car is finally boosting! [:D]
However, once I fix one problem, another seems to always pop up. It seems like my rear right wheel bearing gave out. 122K and several weeks ago, the howling drone from the rear started. I will be taking the car in to a mechanic to have the bearing replace but I provide the parts and he does the labor. So, where can I get the bearing that you guys would recommend? Thanks

akielb
04-10-2008, 06:14 PM
purems.com or ecstuning.com - anything they sell

Stampy
04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Got mine from ECS like a month ago. It was like $60ish shipped. If you can work on your car yourself, its really not that bad. You will have to pay someone to press it for you. It only takes about two hours of actual work to do though.

Wheel bearing = $60
PepBoys pressing = $30

I was quoted $250 minimum labor everywhere I called.

erikas3
04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I will be ordering the one off of ECS (Ruville). I saw the DIY and that scarred me away from doing it myself. Taking out the turbo and replacing it looks to have been easier than this.. I know someone who will do a professional job cheap so I will take my car to him.
I CAN'T STAND THE HOWL ANYMORE!

devmaster
04-10-2008, 07:01 PM
mines been howling for like six months now.. just overcome it with music..

im just waiting for the bearing to go and have the axle snap. haha

erikas3
04-10-2008, 07:07 PM
mines been howling for like six months now.. just overcome it with music..

im just waiting for the bearing to go and have the axle snap. haha

Exactly what I am doing.. Just make the music louder as speed climbs..
Mine only started howling a month ago but I am not going to take any chances and just get it changed..

Nebone
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
I never seen a car that needed bearings changed as much as the A4. I'm around so many dam cars and only people here complain about bearings.

I had to replace mine like 2 years ago and will be doing another bearing or two soon.

whoace
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I never seen a car that needed bearings changed as much as the A4. I'm around so many dam cars and only people here complain about bearings.

I had to replace mine like 2 years ago and will be doing another bearing or two soon.

I replace wheel bearings on Sh!tfires and Crapaliers almost on a daily basis.