PDA

View Full Version : Tet pipe install nightmare

Grangalan
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
So as some of you read my testpipe thread. Getting the cat off was a PAIN. I Tried Everything. i ultimately had to cut off the lower flange bolts. Test pipe went in fine. and now it sounds like a blown turbo. I got misfire on cylinder 5, random misfires and now the dreaded dentist drill sound when spooling..... WTF!!! please tell me my perfect running turbo did not just shit out on me...

biketsai
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
How many miles do you have on your car?
I could have just been a coincidence, or it could be your turbo spooling up!
Seriously, installing a TP on a k03 will have a louddd asss spooling noise at low rpm's.
Misfire on cylinder 5? I thought we only had 4?!?!?! lol.

Yaktizzle417
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
You're probably hearing your turbo spool...

Stampy
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
How the hell do you have 5 cylinders?

Grangalan
04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
lol i dunno, laughed my ass off on the 5h cylinder part... but no. the sound is definitely more than spool. it has a very defined WREEEEEEEEEP like a dentist drill or dremel lol.

Vreihenmotor6
04-09-2008, 09:56 PM
if you think about it a turbo isn't a wholoe hell of a lot different than a dentist drill, they use compressed air to spin a turbine blade too

Yaktizzle417
04-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Have you heard a boosted car with an open DP in person? It sounds pretty close to the "dentist drill" sound.

I go by the million screaming babies sound, plume of white smoke, and horrible smell of oil when it comes to blown turbos...

Grangalan
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
i just wouldnt think the DP would change the sound that dramatically. It almost sounds like a small supercharger when boosting now. Before it was just the usual loud turbo spool sound, now once it sees some boost its pretty whiney lol.

no smoke and and the boost holds fine, im gonna do a boost leak test today, also check all my exhaust parts are on properly