PDA

View Full Version : V - Maxx coilovers how do they Ride & perform

kingdon
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Do any of you guys have V- Maxx Coilovers or heard of them and how do they ride I live in New York and I am concern about the ride.

pac1085
04-09-2008, 01:27 PM
TighTT has them on his A4, he will probably chime in.

audiluxary
04-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Wish I could but they are not on the car yet, they are sitting in the garage waiting to be installed.[wrench]

Kronic Budz
04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
yea i was also wondering about these, im ready to purchase suspension and dont know if i want to go with the v-max coils on ebay for like $650 shipped or spend around $500 on KYb shocks and h&r race springs.

AudiRacerS4
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
i dont think adam has vmaxx's. i heard they use the stock spring rates and are only meant for looks to lower the car

sixfiveoh
04-09-2008, 03:52 PM

With his budget, somehow I doubt this is the case. [O_O]

Kyle H
04-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Stay away, stay far far away.

The spring rates published are the same as stock. Let us know how that works out.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175429

LowSantorin
04-09-2008, 04:31 PM
not an a4 But the GTI with v-maxx= bouncy bouncy bouncy horrible ride

pac1085
04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
With his budget, somehow I doubt this is the case. [O_O]

lol, believe what you want...it's true, look at his posts on audiworld.

manufan
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm running them. Stratmosphere sold them to me 1/2 price to evaluate them.
I don't find them to be bouncy at all. The front springs are fine, no problem there. The rears, could be a bit stiffer for my taste. They will bottom on an abrupt dip at speed. Not severe, but it's there. They're set at about 25" inches to the wheel arch front and rear. If they fix the roads, I might drop the front another 1/2" or so. The other thing that I will complain about is the shocks aren't anodized or painted and consequently because of the salt around here on the winter roads, they're corroded. I put a judicious amount of anti-seize on the threads when I installed them, so they're still functional. All in all, I can't bitch. The car handles really well and looks good too. I should have a pic to post, but I don't.

Kyle H
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
The car handles really well and looks good too. I should have a pic to post, but I don't.

Compared to what? It's really hard to tell people how a car handles because it is all subjective. Have you ever driven or ridden in a car with another company's coilovers?

manufan
04-09-2008, 08:54 PM
No, I haven't. I've had cars with sport springs and shocks, mostly BMW's. I've been driving fast for 30 years. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm talking about.

dieselgti
04-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm running them. I don't find them to be bouncy at all. The front springs are fine, no problem there. The rears, could be a bit stiffer for my taste. They will bottom on an abrupt dip at speed. Not severe, but it's there.

I have them installed on my car also. I would say this is a very good description of them. I really like them! I had Koni coils on my MKIV and I would have to say the ride is much smoother. I'm very happy with mine. I wouldn't run them if you plan to track the car often. For my every day commute and occasional spirited drivers these are perfect for me. These can go down silly low. I have 2.5 inches of thread left in the front and another 2 to go down in the back.

http://linusolu.net/morepics/AudiAvant/fatfives/tn/IMG_1846.med.JPG

B5Jaeger
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
So, basically, these are ricer/show car coilovers.

manufan
04-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Are you realy that ignorant?

I'm sorry is that a 12v you have?

audiluxary
04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
why does it have to be ricer? These coilovers have been used by VWers for years, no complaints from them.

Silverstreak98
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Well I'm between these and a Bilstein/Vogtland combo, and these are actually less expensive.

I wouldn't track my car, so the part that worries me is the 2 year warranty when compared with the lifetime warranty that the Bilstein shocks have.

Anyone know how these hold up in other applications?

b5power
04-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Hoping in buying Vmaxx C/Os next week fosho.

Mawhitey
04-10-2008, 03:10 AM
I am running them, and to be honest they do not seem any different to the FK's i had before. I am not runnig super low and its my DD so maybe that suits my driving style etc

oneohone
04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm about to go V-Maxx. These are not low quality, new on the market coilovers, they have been around for years. For around $600 its great, and I bet they ride way better than the Neuspeed Race springs I have now. Hell even if one breaks I'm sure it should not be too expensive for V-Maxx to replace (of coarse after the warranty is up).

biketsai
04-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey billy, did you get my message I sent earlier?
Anyways, Vdubs only has another s4, im going to check it out tomorrow

Silverstreak98
04-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm not going to track my car, but I obviously would like better handling (A4 in stock form is kind of a boat) so should I get.....

- VMaxx Coilovers (~$500 I'm getting a deal) 2 yr warranty

- Bilstein/Vogtland spring shock combo (~$580) Lifetime warranty on shocks

All opinions welcome!

.Mad Hatter.
04-12-2008, 01:27 PM
from what i hear the vogtland springs are very good...i would say get koni struts instead of bilsteins though.

i have also heard that the v maxx coils are bouncy, and more for show.

i also find it hard to believe tighTT is running these, are you sure hes not running vogtland coils?

Silverstreak98
04-12-2008, 03:30 PM
I have read a bunch of tighTT's posts on AW and he is indeed running the VMaxx coilovers, and actually has nothing but good things to say about them.

audiluxary
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Just got done installing the rear ones on and I will finish the fronts tomarrow. Wow who ever says the rears don't go down far is wrong because I lowered mine to where the tires where completely gone and I could have gone alot more. The stance is nice and I only drove it a short distance but feels like stock sport suspension not at all bouncy. I will take pictures once I finish the front.[wrench]

Silverstreak98
04-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Anymore impressions since you've got the fronts on audiluxary??

audiluxary
04-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Just got the fronts on a little bit ago, man what a pain in the ass they are to adjust when on the vehicle. The rear ones adjust fine but the fronts are hard, but I think I have it at the right hieght. I will get pix up tonight but as for the ride it honestly feels as close to stock as I think you could get. The springs are not stiffer so if that's what your looking for don't get these. The drop can go very low on front and rear. You get a little bit of a bounce when on a up and down road but for the most part it feels the same as sport suspension just lower. If your looking to lower the car and still have a stock feel then these are the ones for you. If you are planning n tracking the car and want a tighter suspension then these are not for you. For the price to have a set of coilovers that ride confortable and lower as much as these do then I think they are worth it. I will put before and after pix up soon.[:D]

kingdon
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi, Guys I saw a guy in my area in Queens NY with a B6 . And he has the V-Maxx Coilovers, his car was slam in the back and he said he can't lift the back up any more, he could only drop the front some more but if he did he would be shopping for an oil pan. He said it rides great like factory but just the drop he wasn't too happy about the back is lower than the front. I saw a guy at English town this weekend selling a set of USED H&R coilovers for $750.00 if any one interested you can reach him at 800 - 401 - 8393 or vwconversion.com NY.area also. I am sorry but I refuse to pay $750.00 for some used springs. I rather put $200.00 more and buy the TEIN coilovers. And what"s up guys why can I see any Audi's at the shows 98% VW. and new and use parts only for VW. Come water fest I want you to bring your crew form your areas out and let the VW crew know that Audi run things, things don't run audi one luv JRB1.

nyuschool22
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
THEY ARE BUTTER! i live near philly, and when i would take the occasional ride to the city, those freaken cobble stone, retarted ass streets, didnt stand a chance...I was EFFIN low too! vmaxx has my vote they ride like konis set real soft and race springs..but better!

VirginiaBeachA4
12-01-2009, 12:58 PM
THEY ARE BUTTER! i live near philly, and when i would take the occasional ride to the city, those freaken cobble stone, retarted ass streets, didnt stand a chance...I was EFFIN low too! vmaxx has my vote they ride like konis set real soft and race springs..but better!

i have them too and are ok but dude, this is an almost 2 year old thread bro.

b5andm3
12-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Yes.

I <3 my ground control coils

audiluxary
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
wow old thread dude! I have had my vmaxx on for awhile and to let everyone know, I got a pair of Koni coilovers and am going to switch them out to see how these are. I need coilovers so I can adjust to fit which ever rims I throw on. I am going to put the Koni's on and compare the 2. I still can't say anything bad about the Vmaxx for the price but they do get annoying somtimes. They are fine on the highway no problems at all but when you get into back roads that are bumpy then you can feel it. I live in the boonies now and I have a lot of bumpy roads and broken pavement roads so I want somthing new. They worked fine on California roads no problems.[drive]

cdowns13
12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by B5Jaeger View Post

really aren't that bad.. get a lot of compliments on the stance and goes plenty low..
as for how they ride.. i was able to keep up with beefed up subis (coils, sb, and other minor bolt ons..) at the autox.. so yeah i guess the coils MUST SUCK! hahaha .. yes they could be a little better but they are GREAT on a budget.. just my .02cents

pOrKcHoP07
12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I've had them on my a4 for approx. 20,000 miles. I have them set around 25" and I think they ride and perform just fine...Yes I would buy them again and jokes on you if you spend $1000 plus on coilovers to use them on the street.