PDA

View Full Version : APR chip

fernando
04-07-2008, 07:57 AM
quetion for people with ARP, i had an appointment this morning to go and get my chip done, and when i got there the guy told me that my 01 would not be a flash, but it would have to get the new chipe soldered in the ECU, so i didn't get it done...not sure if this is correct or not...can anyone please verify this???

317ssayzarc
04-07-2008, 08:10 AM
01 can be flashed, its me7...

fernando
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM
01 can be flashed, its me7...

i was there to do it this morning and the guy told me that it couldn't be flashed.

m5racer
04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
well sorry to say but that guy defiantly doesent know what he is talking about. i have an 01 a4 and mine was flashed. my car is 01.5 but none the less im pretty sure it doesent matter and all 01's can be flashed. get u vin or know ur engine code and call other dealers even if they arnt close to see if indeed u need an actual chip.

fernando
04-07-2008, 08:42 AM
well sorry to say but that guy defiantly doesent know what he is talking about. i have an 01 a4 and mine was flashed. my car is 01.5 but none the less im pretty sure it doesent matter and all 01's can be flashed. get u vin or know ur engine code and call other dealers even if they arnt close to see if indeed u need an actual chip.

i see that your in canada as well, where did you get your done?

m5racer
04-07-2008, 10:42 AM
ha i dident even notice ur from the area. Well i got my car chipped at a vw dealership out in London (at the time i was going to western) it was funny beucase they were able to chip mine becuase it was a straight ecu flash. my buddy who has an 00 tt got it chipped the same day but had to go to H2Sport out in georgetown beucase his car could not be flashed, it needed a actual chip installed. i would call the dealer out in london and ask and see what they have to say. plus beucase it was done at a vw dealership i got a free wash out of the deal too!

fernando
04-07-2008, 11:25 AM
ha i dident even notice ur from the area. Well i got my car chipped at a vw dealership out in London (at the time i was going to western) it was funny beucase they were able to chip mine becuase it was a straight ecu flash. my buddy who has an 00 tt got it chipped the same day but had to go to H2Sport out in georgetown beucase his car could not be flashed, it needed a actual chip installed. i would call the dealer out in london and ask and see what they have to say. plus beucase it was done at a vw dealership i got a free wash out of the deal too!

well the guy that i went to was H2sport in georgetown, he was the one that told me that it can't be flashed, has to replace the chip

Stampy
04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Take it as an Omen....Go GIAC instead. I have APR, its weak sauce man.

m5racer
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
i was just thinking......does it even matter if it is a actual chip? im pretty sure they dont charge you extra for the part anyways beucase when my buddy with his tt went there it was the same price. they dont actually charge u for the chip, not sure if they charge for extra labor but im pretty sure it should be the same price anyways, jsut have to wait the hour or two for them to do it. but call the apr dealer in london and see what they say

audiholix
04-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Skip APR. go giac or Dahlback.

audiluxary
04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm an 01 and they said the only way to do my car was to flash it, they said they flash al 01's, I think 00's too. I would check another dealer and see what they say

maxspeed
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
weird, usually 01's are the only ones they flash