PDA

View Full Version : Center strut bar

llewop_211
04-03-2008, 01:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140035770730&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

Any one ever actually installed one of these, do they even fit our cars?

sixfiveoh
04-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Man that looks tacky.

B518T
04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
hmmm...looks like a tird to me....

Vreihenmotor6
04-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I had a similar bar in my old VW ( it was made for the car, not a universal one)

it made a noticeable difference in interior rattles and squeak reduction, its hard to say about chassis stiffness cause I had many other mods too

fitment was a pain in the ass (and this one was custom made for the car)

in the VW it didn't let the seat fold perfectly and got in the way of the rear cupholder (not an issue in the audi) and it took up some rear passenger leg room

the VW one was also 4 times the price and I thought it was worth it at that price, so much so infact that I bookmarked that link you posted, if I even consider getting that bar you posted above I'd have to gusset/ seam weld the end plate to cross bar junction as it looks like it just bolted, and I'd use rivit nutserts in the rear seat pan/ frame rail area so I could take the bar back out if needed (once these things are in you cannot remove the seats)

djwimbo
04-03-2008, 09:26 PM
If you're in need of that much additional structure, just get a roll bar. That not only looks shady, it's "adjustable". Any structural addition should be tailored to the vehicle, not universal.

Vreihenmotor6
04-03-2008, 10:34 PM
That not only looks shady, it's "adjustable". Any structural addition should be tailored to the vehicle, not universal.

while I do agree with the vehicle specific thing, this type of bar does need to be adjustable as you want to be able to slightly push out on the lower rocker pannel

even the custom made one I used to have had that type or adjustment

SilverB5A4
04-04-2008, 05:43 AM
How could you not want this, i mean look at these stats!
-IMPROVE HANDLING BY 15%
-CREATES A REINFORCEMENT BETWEEN EACH SIDE OF THE CHASSIS
-THIS BAR IS MOUNTED ON THE FLOOR BETWEEN THE FRONT AND THE REAR SEATS
-THIS CROSS FLOOR BAR WILL MAINTAIN A STIFFER CENTER OF GRAVITY AND A LOCKING MOTION IN YOUR CHASSIS
-MADE BY QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL WITH CARBON FIBER STYLE FINISH
-UNIVERSAL DESIGN, WILL FIT ANY CAR
-A MUST HAVE FOR RACERS AND DRIFT

15% thats AMAZING hahaha

ModifiedA4
04-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Drift! Yo!

m5racer
04-04-2008, 06:52 AM
i find that the actualy piece looks nice in carbon fiber but thats about it. how can this bar possibly be for A3,A4,A6,A8,TT? i jsut wanna know how the hell that bad boy is gonna fit in teh car. i would get something that is at least made for the A4 not one that magicaly fits all audis