PDA

View Full Version : What a bad day....

Poopie
04-01-2008, 08:53 PM
first off, on my lunch break I get detained at the police station. Apparently I didn't pay for a ticket, which I did. Sat in the waiting area cuffed. The clerks ran through their files and found the documents I told them existed. Two hours and a short apology later I get taken back to my car parked at work.

Not really a big deal, I thought it was kind of funny. Its a good feeling knowing you didn't do anything wrong and that people will look like dumb asses

Fast forward. We have a local GTG Tuesday. Todays weather was really nice so a bunch of people were out. 10 minutes after my arrival I'm shootin the shit with Ian (bassed) and Dietbuddha an i hear a crunch. This dude backed into my car. We were in a parking lot and I was parked behind him. I guess he didn't look and decided to reverse instead of pull forward. So I hear the crunch and I think "DAMN! whoevers car that is, is gonna be pissed". I look up and I realized that its my car. He got shifted about a foot and a half back. My bumper is shifted back but it has a nice crack near the passenger grill. Since my bumper support is nearly touching my FMIC its dented and got pushed into my AC condenser and its no leaking. I think my FMIC is cracked as well. =(

new bumper = 550
Paint = 250
AC condenser = 220
FMIC core = 300

I'm pretty sad. The kid said he would pay for it, but i'm not sure he has the money. It was his first time at the GTG. Luckily people know him and hes not gonna flake on me.

The bumper might be cheaper to repair since it is rs4 modded and thats gonna take a lot of time to for a body shop to do.

Fix, patch, prep, and paint old bumper will be about 500
Ac condenser is about 220 plus 70 to recharge.
I will probably get the FMIC re welded since its on the end cap.

I'm thinking about asking for 800-900 for the damages. Thoughts?

Poopie
04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
two days ago my car was like this (photos taken by supermario)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/afourturbo/pa080.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/afourturbo/pa021.jpg

now its in pieces in my garage. =(
It doesn't really look that bad, but i'm sure as hell not paying for it and I don't want that crack in my bumper

biketsai
04-01-2008, 09:01 PM
why not go through insurance just to play it safe?

Poopie
04-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't want an accident history on my car for something like this.

tamadrumr88
04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
from my understanding if you're 100% at fault it SHOULDN'T go against your record because you weren't involved in the events leading up to the accident (which, parking in that spot doesn't count either because that's pure chance/coincidence). i've heard too many stories of people getting dicked over when the other party "said they'd pay" so i'd play it safe and take it up with insurance. in fact, check with your insurance company first and ask a hypothetical question as such "my friend got in an accident and didn't know whether or not to go through insurance, if he is not at fault does his insurance still go up? what about me? am i covered?"

damn dude that sucks [down] we still on for next weekend?

Stampy
04-01-2008, 09:10 PM
That sux man. Hopefully he has the money. I had this happen to me when I was a youngn. ...The other kid never came through. Don't let feeling or any other shit get in the way of him paying for your car. I kept letting shit slide cause he was a friend of a friend. Next thing I knew...I realized I was never going to see shit.

Hopefully it all goes well.

Poopie
04-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Well I don't want it to show up on carfax for resale value purposes since its got a clean record on it. I know my rates and such won't go up. Since its only in a 700-900 range to fix its not worth it for either of us to use insurance. If he doesn't have the cash I will have to go that route. I'll see what happens when I call him tomorrow. My friends know him and have all his info so he would be dumb not to pay up.

sixfiveoh
04-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Police report. Get one ASAP, man. I've been dicked multiple times in situations very similar. [down]

Ian@Absolute
04-01-2008, 09:17 PM
thats super shitty [:(]

lilman05
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Crap man that sucks. I hope it all works out. Your car looks super sexy! Hope you can get it to how it was before the small ding!

GraysonF
04-02-2008, 04:28 AM
good luck poops.....sorry to hear that. BUT i'm sure if he was at a gtg with what looks like strictly euros, he'll probably be able to muster up the money.

Hope everything goes well.

Don Supreme
04-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Police report....

Poopie
04-02-2008, 08:38 AM
going through insurance =(

B5Burn
04-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Hrmmm... this was posted on April Fools Day, can I make a request to see updated pics please? :)

fikes
04-02-2008, 08:46 AM
April Fools is so gay. I forgot the boarders g2g was on Tuesdays, and I didn't think it started yet. To bad I am selling my car now :(.

Poopie
04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
pics coming

Poopie
04-02-2008, 09:17 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1140555/IMAG0149.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1140555/IMAG0150.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1140555/IMAG0151.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1140555/IMAG0152.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1140555/IMAG0153.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1140555/IMAG0154.jpg

couldn't get a good pic of the cracked fmic and some cracks in the blue tinted CF hood

AudiSport12
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
thats ghey.

When did you get those wheels?

Poopie
04-02-2008, 10:05 AM
a couple weeks back

Eurotuned_A4
04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
bummer man. that sucks. its not that bad though. could have been hell of a lot worse.

bassed
04-02-2008, 11:15 AM
We should beat his arse! Who the hell goes backwards, when they can go forwards?

bernB5
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
i usually don't like santorin blue but it looks sick on your car.

s4 bumper modded with a cupra r lip? looks great dude, good luck with the repairs.

Poopie
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
thanks man. Yeah its a cupra r lip.

317ssayzarc
04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
damn poops.... that SUCKS man [down]

Mawhitey
04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Shit !! I thought i was having a bad day

NakedDave8
04-02-2008, 03:52 PM
That sucks man, cops are always hassling people for insignificant shit. No offense to anyone here if they are cops, but in the great state of Maine it seems there is SO little going on that they are always messing with people.

Back on topic(sort of) I love the color of your car, when I repaint mine I may actually go with that color, whats the name of it(sorry if that's a noob question, I've only owned my Audi for about 11 months)
Hope your luck gets better!

Poopie
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
santorin blue pearl aka the fastest color...lol

Paint code is LZ5K i believe

At least with the cops its kind of a funny story to say you almost got arrested. Getting your car hit is not as funny =(.

The claims office is gonna call me back tomorrow. Then meet up with an adjuster next week probably.

Boost_N_Grip
04-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Say it aint so......

A4ringedONE8T
04-03-2008, 05:52 AM
I dont think Ive ever seen pics of your car, looks (looked) sick! Good luck with getting everything fixed!

festerfm
04-03-2008, 06:45 AM
here's a horror story for ya... xmas eve, 2005, i turned 21 in june of 05.. was making enough money to buy my first ever brand new car... i went for an 05 subaru baja turbo. at that time, it was subaru's cheapest turbo vehicle. i had the reg mods on it, mbc, pulley, intake, headers, full exhaust, bla bla bla.. we leave the gfs house on my way to my uncle's house and going around a corner, a minivan tries to pass me. he gets his front bumper by my drivers door and there's a car coming the other direction. i downshift and put my foot to the floor. before i got ahead of him, he turns back into my lane, clips the rear of my baja w/ his minivan. i'm superheated pissed off so i figured just go about it like normal, i pull over 50 yds up the road, and he DRIVES BY, NEVER STOPPED!! so i'm not about to let this prick in a late 90's caravan get away with this.. and he's def not gonna outrun my baja.. so i pulled out behind him and when he saw me on his ass getting his plate number, he spikes the brake, gets out and starts taunting me to get outta my car... i kid you not, mandy is screaming at me to just go and forget about it. and this little guy, i promise i would have destroyed him, but then again, the way he was acting, you never kno. so i let the truck coast backwards as he was flipping out, and he was trying to say that since it was christmas, to just let it go. once he realized that we didnt have his plate number yet since we had nothing to write on, he got back in the van and took off!! i again got on his ass and we got his plate number and since the state police barracks was on my way to my uncles, i called it in and stopped on my way up since i figured following him was a lil dangerous the way he was driving. so upon getting his license number, i let him go. went to state police, gave the plate number, trooper took pics of the damage on my baja. runs the plate, comes back to a dodge neon in scranton, pa, NOT A CARAVAN!?!?!? so long story short, the damage was very minor, only paint scratches and a few dents, $600 quote from the body shop. and since i had no money cuz it all had to go to my $530/month car payment, i decided to let it go...pissed as ever and now i carry pepper spray AND a taser in my audi..

HERE'S THE KICKER... i never turned anything in to my insurance, the truck was never fixed, but there WAS a police report. i frequently shop around for insurance prices cuz i always am looking for the best price. the company i switched to was $20 a month cheaper than i was paying. until they ran all the dot checks on my license and found the police report saying i was involved in a hit & run. even tho there was no claim filed and no money exchanged or the truck even fixed, and the police report said i was not at fault, that $20 a month cheaper insurance turned into $25 more a month than i was paying... i called and explained to them that nothing was ever turned in, nothing was ever taken care of, and they said only way they would overlook it is if i had a written statement from pa state police saying it never happened. i told them, well, it did happen, but there was never any insurance dealings.

moral of the story, get all the details before filing the police report...

hope the story inspired you...!!

Poopie
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
thats weak man. Well i'm 100% not at fault since i wasn't even in the car. I'm waiting for the insurance to call me back. Since I do have a custom hood and bumper and non aftermarket bits, how do I go about getting an adjuster to come out and just cut me a check so I can ensure it gets repaired like I want? I'm not sure if another body shop will want to do the rs4 mod to a new bumper and i'm not sure if i will get another CF hood if I go to a body shop. I would much rather do what I can to find the right parts or repairs myself. State Farm wants me to take it their preferred body shops.

dtapia_1392
04-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Any more GTGs in the area? i want to go to one of them. i havent been to any yet.

Poopie
04-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Tuesday in montgomerville. we hang in the borders parking lot across from the mall.

seank
04-03-2008, 09:20 AM
thats weak man. Well i'm 100% not at fault since i wasn't even in the car. I'm waiting for the insurance to call me back. Since I do have a custom hood and bumper and non aftermarket bits, how do I go about getting an adjuster to come out and just cut me a check so I can ensure it gets repaired like I want? I'm not sure if another body shop will want to do the rs4 mod to a new bumper and i'm not sure if i will get another CF hood if I go to a body shop. I would much rather do what I can to find the right parts or repairs myself. State Farm wants me to take it their preferred body shops.

State Farm can want what they want but if you own your car outright, the adjuster should come and total up the value of what it will take to put the car back to what is was before the accident, then cut you the check for the amount. Then you take the check and goto the body shop of your choice and tell them what you want do for the money you got. This is atleast my experience with State Farm and having other cars I have owned fixed when other people hit them. Also be sure to to shop around your area for the most expensive quote tell the guys insurance company that that is where you want your car fixed and this is the estimate, they should send you a check, and then you are free to get the car fixed where ever you want, or do it yourself for that matter.

Poopie
04-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks. I just don't wanna take my car to a shop and say they aren't gonna fix the aftermarket stuff like the modded bumper and blue clear coated CF hood. I just would like to purchase the stuff i feel needs replacing and have a body shop do the repairs as I want and not how the insurance company wants.

Poopie
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
New adjuster is looking at my car right now. He seems really reasonable with the damage. He said he can't really sell the idea of the new FMIC to state farm, but he can give make up for it in other areas aka not using a new bumper cover but completely overhauling it and having it plastic welded which is actually more expensive. Its is tough to sell the idea, not because it is aftermarket, but he can't see the damage on camera and tough to point out. I can reschedule with him at a shop of my choice where he can meet me there and if i can show photo evidence or with a video camera I can have the FMIC price into the estimate. So I may have to have it hooked up to a leak checker.

317ssayzarc
04-15-2008, 12:24 PM
good luck man... i wish you the best [up]

seank
04-15-2008, 12:25 PM
^ get your hammer out.[:D]

Poopie
04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
$1350 for damages. Does no include a new fmic and bumper shocks. I will have to schedule to tear down the car to look for leaks on the FMIC and measure the bumper shocks. new shocks are $160 a piece and a new racetec fmic is $849 so hopefully get another 1000-1200.

Poopie
04-15-2008, 12:59 PM
anyone have a link to a racetec dominator core?

94jedi
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Damn, poopie. sorry to hear that. so I guess the kid flaked out on you? A kid hit my mustang back in college in the school lot. I walk up to the scene as he's backing his front end out of my hatch. Of course, the kid flaked on me even though he said he'd pay. I tried to get him through insurance but he never paid up.

sucks when you get screwed so I hope you get everything you're entitled to out of this.

Poopie
04-15-2008, 01:39 PM
No I'm not getting screwed. Insurance is taking care of me so I just want to get as much money as possible.