PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein issue

eurotecknik
04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Bought bilstein shocks for my car from www.purems.com. Well they arrived in original box but I am dissapointed because they did not come with shock boot for protection. Is that normal? I thought they would be included? Now where can I get that boot from? I searched the focum and google with no success.

generik777
04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
That's how they come. Mine came like that too.

eurotecknik
04-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks generik777 but that doesn't help! Where did you get the boots from for your shocks. I need to get them so I can install my suspension finally

tagthejoey
04-01-2008, 08:31 PM
i found them for you!
you're welcome
at least i think these are what you're looking for.....

http://www.germanautoparts.com/main.php?make=Audi&selmodel=A4&maingroup=Suspension

generik777
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks generik777 but that doesn't help!

You had two questions. Is that normal and where can I get them. I answered the first one.[up]

Vreihenmotor6
04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
its been my experience that bilstein doesn't include the bumpstops or boots when the stock units will work, however on their monotube units they do give you boots cause no stock unit will fit over the huge shaft

tagthejoey
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM
my bilsteins came with the boot

Tiluleshpingen
04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
^^^^same here for sport ones

eurotecknik
04-02-2008, 04:37 AM
BUMP I need to BUY the boots from somewhere? NO ONE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND THEM? I need the original bilstein boots blue in color. I don't have the stock suspension now so I cannot get them that way. I need new units

Vreihenmotor6
04-02-2008, 06:01 AM
I bought new oem bumpstops/ dust boots and used them with my bilsteins

theres a link above in this thread to buy them, that would be my suggestion

Tiluleshpingen
04-02-2008, 07:58 AM
check neupeed or actualy Bilstein.com they should haeve those, i ordered a pair of spring bed from them.

390wheel
04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I bought new oem bumpstops/ dust boots and used them with my bilsteins

theres a link above in this thread to buy them, that would be my suggestion

you have to cut the stock bump stops, i dot remember where, but there is an information web site on how much you have to cut them....

eurotecknik
04-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Just spoke to a representative at Bilstein. I got the number from www.bilstein.com The guy was very ignorant telling me that if the shocks did not come with protection shield then they are not needed. I could not believe what he said because if the sleeves are not installed that will decrease the life of the shock itself. I can't believe something as simple as that and no one can help. I am basically looking for the protective shields that BLUE in color original from bilstein.

Tiluleshpingen
04-02-2008, 12:13 PM
^^^ tell him "let me worry about the other stuff just get me the part", got some pics of ur bilsteins?

cjonesgo
04-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I just installed bilstein sports a few weeks back in my b6. My oem dust cover fit right over (i know this is not the case with all models) and I reused my sport susp. bump stops.

As for reducing life of shock, I am pretty sure that they are guaranteed for life so just hold onto your receipts and have them replaces if they ever go out. I know that many are running theirs without covers. Not a solution, but that seems to be the general consensus around here...

mike-2ptzero
04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Just spoke to a representative at Bilstein. I got the number from www.bilstein.com The guy was very ignorant telling me that if the shocks did not come with protection shield then they are not needed. I could not believe what he said because if the sleeves are not installed that will decrease the life of the shock itself. I can't believe something as simple as that and no one can help. I am basically looking for the protective shields that BLUE in color original from bilstein.

Why do you NEED them in blue when your stock ones will work? It isn't like anyone is going to crawl under your car and point asking "why dont you have blue dust covers".

Mike@PureMS
04-02-2008, 02:58 PM
The boots are reused from the stock setup. That's why they aren't included.

eurotecknik
04-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mike BUT what will people with aftermarket setup do? Now I'm not holding you purems accountable for that, I'm sure that is not in your power (maybe). I don't want to saparete anything from my current suspension.

eurotecknik
04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
That's probably what will do in the end