PDA

View Full Version : Phatbox

seanko04
03-31-2008, 05:44 AM
I am trying to install a phatbox to my 1999.5 Audi A4 and my headunit which is a Conert I is not recognizing the the phatbox. I followed the instructions in the manual excatly as they were written, but it still does not work. I also tried to update the firmware but that did not work either. Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong? Or what I am doing wrong?

tamadrumr88
03-31-2008, 07:02 AM
I know when I bought mine I was told not to update the firmware.. I did anyway and it no longer worked. I downloaded the old version and it worked perfectly [up]

onemoremile
03-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Weird. Mine worked the first time. I moved it over to the S4 in a parking lot and it fired right up the first time.

Did you find a source for Phatnoise Media Manager? It is much nicer than Music Manager but I haven't been able to find it anywhere online.

seanko04
03-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Im happy you replied the most. Ok the DMS that I was given was shot, so I went out a bought a 40gb and made a new DMS with the DMS hack tool. I pluged it into the car and the box has a solid red light and flashing green light but the radio will not go into CD mode, any idea what to do?

onemoremile
03-31-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/phatbox_users_manual.pdf
That is the link to the user's manual but it doesn't have the solid red with blinky green in there. Not that I saw at least. It does have the support information on the last page.

RobbyB413
03-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Did you find a source for Phatnoise Media Manager? It is much nicer than Music Manager but I haven't been able to find it anywhere online.

http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/PMM_3.92_WWW.exe

Works whenever their server isn't messed up. Just clicked it, it's working now. You can also get the full version from the ftp://phatnoise.harman.com if you are a registered user.

andyrew
03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Phathack.com is a great source of info....

onemoremile
03-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Sweet. You guys are the shit. [up]