PDA

View Full Version : Tip Tranny questionn...

biketsai
03-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Well I was watching some Trucks on Spike TV this morning, and I saw that they used some different gasket thing inside the transmission to have more flow of fluid to make it run cooler, with special new fluid that would help it. Just wondering, is there anything like this for our cars that we can do to prevent things F;ing up?

Nor_Cal_Driver
03-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Tranny coolers do the trick nicely.

biketsai
03-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Do we have factory tranny coolers?
Or do I have to add one on?
If so, anybody ever do this?

tonelee1316
03-31-2008, 12:34 AM
^^^ its part of the radiator

zrowcool
03-31-2008, 04:48 AM
and what he installed was a shift kit where he drills out a hole in the restrictor plate and changes the fluid filter and gasket. Its really popular with the turbo 400's. Im unsure if they have that for the audi as i've never seen or heard of it.

loustylez
03-31-2008, 02:44 PM
^^^ its part of the radiator

would this have anything to do with my coolant being low one day (30v tip) and after topping it off the car seemed to shift much better?

biketsai
03-31-2008, 05:14 PM
so I'm guessing that the tranny fluid flows around the radiator. But would an aftermarket cooler help?

A4Shizzle
04-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't think its really an issue for our cars, the stock cooler seems to do the job fine. You could use vag-com to check your fluid temp while your driving hard if you really want to know. The trucks that use those transmissions use are meant to tow heavy loads and have way more torque than our cars. Also, the slipping that the tranny does to make shifting smooth creates a lot more heat in those huge, heavy trucks than it does in our cars. He also installed a shift kit in that transmission, which makes firmer/sporty shifts by reducing the slip in the transmission, therefore keeping it cooler. If you wanted to do THAT to your car look up the "valve body" upgrade.

biketsai
04-01-2008, 09:19 PM
thanks alot for all the info guys.