PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Question

Alan
03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
I have a 97' 1.8TQ Automatic [not tiptronic] and everytime I let off the gas, it jerks very slightly back, like the car is holding back. I was told it is either

1. My tranny fluid needs flushed
2. My tranny is going.

Any opinions? It has only started recently, and has been gradually getting worse.

arorem
03-26-2008, 06:46 PM
it could also be your mounts, how many miles are on the car? and have you looked onto the problem any?

Alan
03-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I really dont know what to look for, but there 113k on the car. The shop I take it too recommended a tranny flush, thats as much as I know, other than driving it.

arorem
03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
i work for a ford dealership (it blows btw), but it could be something that can be fixed by a flush. But if it was me i would get opnions from a couple different shops before you start putting money in it.

Alan
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, I can definitely trust these guys. I've known them for a while, and they always give me deals. They aren't making the $$$ off of it anyways, because they recommended I take ti to an Audi Dealership for the flush. They are a smaller Audi shop.

arorem
03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
thats cool, they would know then, if you have known them for a while and trust these guys, than go for it. However it is nice to know that there are still shops out there who still care about the customer. My closest audi dealership is an hour away from where i live, but i guess thats whati get for buying a audi and live in central illinois.

Alan
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Well, I'm going to get it flushed soon, if that doesnt work, Ill have them check the mounts. I was getting ready to sell it, so i dont want to spend a lot of money rebuilding a tranny.

Thanks for the help. If anyone has any additional ideas, they would be appreciated.