PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it!

audiluxary
03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Well I have been in the market for coilovers or a spring and shock set up and finally bought a pair. I have been searching for about 6 months now and sucked it up. I was leaning toward the bilstein and H&R set up, but I just wasn't sure if that would be low enough and if I got the race, then would that rub. I couldn't figure it out and it would be hard with my wheel set up. I am running 19" with 235/35/19. I read and read and definatley did not want somthing used. I went with the VMAXX coilover set up. I know some of you are going to be like why those coilovers are junk and you get what you pay for. I did so much searching on these coilovers and only found one bad thing about them. Alot of VW guys use them and say nothing but good things. I saw a few Audi users too and the look was sweet and they had no complantes. I just wanted to be able to adjust them as needed to get the lowest look. I do not track this car I just drive it on the street. I will be getting them installed next weekend and will give an update of how they handle.[drive][drive][race]

generik777
03-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Hope you like em. I just ordered some bilsteins myself, should be going on around next weekend sometime as well. It will be a relief to get rid of my blown stock shocks, car bounces over the littlest bumps.

MikeWasHere05
03-24-2008, 08:38 AM
A buddy of mine with a VRT MkII has VMAXX and loves them. Let us know how you like them

audiluxary
04-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Got home early from work today and UPS says out for delivery, they will be here soon. I have a cook out for work tomarrow and work on Wednsday. I have to call Purems and see when they have an opening and can get these bad boys on and test them out, will keep posted.[:D]

b5power
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Let me know how the ride quality is? cus i mite purchase some nexweek thanks can you post up some pix too fosho

Silverstreak98
04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Definitely let us know how you like the Vmaxx setup.......I'm between those and a Bilstein/Vogtland setup.