PDA

View Full Version : Vag cable came in.

audiFUEGO
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I search pages and pages and couldn't find much info on specifics... i guess "vag" is too common of a term around here.

I just need to know what blocks i should be logging. My car is still running a bit rich and I believe its because my thermostat is stuck open.

My goal is to log as much as i can and i will post them here to be evaluated by all you more experienced folk.

So where should I start?

audiFUEGO
03-27-2008, 03:07 PM
any suggestions?

dualaudi
03-27-2008, 03:20 PM
which vag came in? which version from ross tech or elsewhere?

audiFUEGO
03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I have the regular 409.1...

I just wanna know which blocks to log... and even how to log.

sixfiveoh
03-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Theres a list somewhere that tells you which blocks log what, I'll post it up when I get home if nobody else does before then.

Go to select control module then click engine, then logging blocks I believe... you can manually browse through the blocks to see what they do.

audiFUEGO
03-27-2008, 03:56 PM
yes but how do i make it put everything into a spreadsheet?

sixfiveoh
03-27-2008, 03:59 PM
You press Log on the bottom row of the screen, and then it should show a file extension that it's saving it to, should be in the VAG-COM/logs folder, then click start. When you're done, click stop, then done logging and check the logs folder under program files/Vag-Com and they should be there as excel documents.

audiFUEGO
03-27-2008, 03:59 PM
thanks for the info! [up]

Nebone
03-27-2008, 06:01 PM
How you figure your thermostat is stuck open? My temperature gauge barely ever reaches the middle full vertical position but that don't create a rich condition but does create some more emissions.

audiFUEGO
03-27-2008, 06:04 PM
well its never been changed and i can tell its stuck open by the behavior of my coolant temp. It takes a while to warm up, runs hotter at idle and then quickly cools down when moving but never touching the middle line.

The thermo is only supposed to open when u reach the middle line. supposedly.