PDA

View Full Version : Questions about DV

SouRce4
03-15-2008, 05:54 PM
so i searched and hate that you cant put a word with less then 3 letters in it. anyway didnt come up with anything but i no ive seen this post b4 so sry.

i just finished putting in my new k03s and am putting back the DV. i forgot which way it goes and am curious to also see if there is any difference putting it in reverse.

So my question is a) which way is the normal way (not reverse) to put it in and b) by putting it in reverse will i see any improvements?

mike-2ptzero
03-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Its called a bpv or bypass Valve.

Which valve do you have?

bosch plastic BPV gets put in with the side tube going into the hose connected to the turbo oulet (aka charge pipe) and the bottom gets the return hose back up to the turbo inlet hose. If it is a piston type of BPV the bottom tube goes into the charge pipe and the side is the return.

SouRce4
03-15-2008, 11:26 PM
nah its a baileys dv

dab_master
03-15-2008, 11:29 PM
you can put it either way. if its not the stock one, as long as the spring is stiff enough to hold the boost.

SouRce4
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
i dont understand how lol. one side pushes a piston up and the other side is either blocked when piston is down or open with its up. i dont understand how it can exactly go either way lol.

Rhinop21
03-15-2008, 11:57 PM
^^ Yea but you'll be fine either way you install it.

dab_master
03-16-2008, 12:23 AM
it is supposed to be installed with the charged air to the side of this piston, but like i said earlier and the guy above, it works fine. i have had mine installed the other way for over a year with no issues. make sure your spring is stiff enough if you put it the "wrong" way. if you want to put it that way and dont have a stiff enough spring just add a washer or two.

mike-2ptzero
03-16-2008, 07:35 AM
i dont understand how lol. one side pushes a piston up and the other side is either blocked when piston is down or open with its up. i dont understand how it can exactly go either way lol.

It can go either way because it is control by the small vac line that applies vacuum to open it and pressure to keep it closed.