PDA

View Full Version : Uhh why cant i check my codes???

Grangalan
03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
So last night my CEL came on. I went to check with my VAG and its wont work, it keeps trying and trying different adresses. I made sure everything was hooked up right and all that. Still nothing, No Response from controller.

So i took it to autozone to have them read my code....error cannot read.

Someone please enlighten me cuz how the HELL do i diagnose a diagnostics port! haha

Grangalan
03-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Fixed a boost/vac leak and the CEL is gone. However i still cant interface with my car. I checked and the com ports match. Vag-com finds the interface and port fine. But when i go to check engine codes or go into any module it wont work....!

Ewok_Fetus
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM
It won't read ANYTHING or just the ECU? Might be a toasted ECU but don't quote me on that...

Grangalan
03-13-2008, 08:52 AM
No it wont read anything, when i do the full auto scan every adress it tries wont work. In options it finds the interface, but wont let me connect to anything

The car runs fine and the CEL is gone now. It just wont let me connect.

The only thing electrical wise thats been messed with recently was having my Avic Z2 installed. But i dont see how a aftermarket radio could have any relevance to my OBDII port.

pinky
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM
But i dont see how a aftermarket radio could have any relevance to my OBDII port.

its called the k-wire...

that's most likely your problem. try unplugging the radio harness

start here:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_2.html#2.4

probably the issue:
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html

Grangalan
03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
its called the k-wire...

that's most likely your problem. try unplugging the radio harness

Thats the only thing i could remotely think. But its never been mentioned in being a problem with aftermarket radio installs. And unplug it where from the Avic? thats no easy task lol

pinky
03-13-2008, 09:00 AM
never been mentioned? ross tech has an entire page on aftermarket radios

(check out the links i added to my other post)

ModifiedA4
03-13-2008, 09:54 AM
does your ABS computer work?

Grangalan
03-13-2008, 11:42 AM
No module responds with my laptop right now. My radio installer said the K wire isnt connected just like the ross tech site said

DGAFxxx
03-13-2008, 04:46 PM
try unplugging the connector to your abs module and then try to vag. When my ABS module went bad I couldnt connect to any module. But again my ABS lights were blinking. worth a shot..

Kyle H
03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
try unplugging the connector to your abs module and then try to vag. When my ABS module went bad I couldnt connect to any module. But again my ABS lights were blinking. worth a shot..
x2.

When I had my car smogged it failed the first time because I had a bad abs control module and they couldn't connect to my car over obdII. Unplugged it and it worked fine.

Grangalan
03-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Alright so next n00b question. Where is the connector for the abs module

Militant-Grunt
03-13-2008, 11:06 PM
http://passat-b5.ru/remont/abs/4.jpg

Pull the pin like bracket out to release it, use pliers. Is your ABS light on?

Grangalan
03-14-2008, 06:16 AM
No, no ABS light. Just a Cel again