PDA

View Full Version : problems starting bad coilpacks?

Flossin
03-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I am puzzled
While driving my car suddenly dies in the intersection. I try starting and the starter cranks but nothing. After about a couple of minutes of trying it finally fires up and I have no problems car runs fine for a couple days. Same thing happened a few days later only it took a lot longer to get it started. This has been going on for the last few days except this last time my car doesnt waht to start. Ohh and I havent gotten a Cel yet.

I am thinking it might be the coil packs, vac line, or fuel pump I dont know
Should I get a Cel if it is a bad coil packs

Stampy
03-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't think thats the coilpacks homi. That gives you a CEL and the car runs like shit. VAc wouldn't cause that either.

Flossin
03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
OK just tried to Vag and wont connect to the engine diagnostic. Does anyone know a way to tell if you ecu is dead?

Flossin
03-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the cel and epc light normally come on breifly then go away when you turn on the ignition. Now when I turn on the ignition niether the epc nor the cel light flash on.

Any suggestions?

Ewok_Fetus
03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
That is exactly what my 97 Jetta did when the ECU died... No CEL and kept dying on me..

quattro16
03-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah Cel light must be on with key on engine off. State rules in some. Sounds like a bad ecu. Which is rare though.

Mr.Black
03-13-2008, 07:53 PM
check the plugs.

Flossin
03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Plugs do not fire... Ohh wait it starts for a little bit when I tap on the ecu.

Dammit

I have a Giac chip for the K04.. Anyway to tell if the chip or the ecu is bad?

D's Avant
03-15-2008, 05:38 PM
IMO sounds like a bad connection at the ECU. Could be a bad connection w/ the chip. This was the case w/ mine a few years ago. Sent it back to APR and got it fixed no, problems sense.