PDA

View Full Version : parting out coilovers, installing sport suspension (question on sport install)

loustylez
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
i've taken off the PSS9's before on my 30v 2.8. someone is buying them and shipping me sport suspension and i just wanted to know if the sport suspension setup i'll be buying is as easy to put on as the coilovers, or if i'll need to do some spring compression and what not. just haven't seen how the sports hook up and if they're any different.

i'm assuming it will essentially be the same.

Brooksthepro
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
depends on if he is shipping them to you with the springs and shocks attached together or not. if there together its as simple as the coilovers.

onemoremile
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
You will need spring compressors to install the upper strut bearings up front and to put the assemblies together in the rear. The rears are only compressed an inch or two but it isn't possible to compress them that much by hand.

loustylez
03-11-2008, 11:50 PM
You will need spring compressors to install the upper strut bearings up front and to put the assemblies together in the rear. The rears are only compressed an inch or two but it isn't possible to compress them that much by hand.

even if he ships them to me springs attached and all like dude is saying?

Poopie
03-12-2008, 12:09 AM
if they are assemble units, they will install the same