PDA

View Full Version : Ultra-flo Carbon Charge Intake Kit (eurosporttuning)???

wildturkey_27
03-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey, i'm just wanting to know if anyone out there has any experience on this intake system...or has any info about it. I've been searching non stop trying to find a good intake and a good price. I just stumbled across this one the other day.
http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/...B5-en

I've got a 2000 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual and i live in Ontario Canada....

These are the responses i've heard back regarding some of the questions i've asked.

''We have not had any issues with mass airflow meters failing due to our intake system.''

''Our ultra-flo carbon intake kit inceases the amount of air that can flow throw the Air Mass Meter thus increasing hp. It does this by keeping the air moving through a series of pipes instead of changing the area the air flow through as with standard air boxes. Plus is also adds a cool look to your engine compartment with the carbon fiber cylinder that hoses the filter.''

so far i've heard of Evoms, ABD, Carbonio, K&N, lltec, Simota....

Thanks
Email - lethalignition2@hotmail.com

audiFUEGO
03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
If you install a CAI on your car, the extra air being sucked in can pop all your coolant hoses off resulted in your car BLEEDING all over! It doesnt stop there either. When so over worked, the compressor wheels in our turbos have been known to fly off and get lodged in the IM runners. They lodge with such velocity that its near impossible to dislodge them. Also the CAI will throw a CEL similar to this one:

P04202 - Intake - "was fine before you changed it"

Not worth it man.

onemoremile
03-09-2008, 01:33 PM
What?!?!?!?

Their intake is very similar to the old CDA box like Audisnapr runs. They are some of the best out there but fitment can be problematic. Looks like Raffi and crew have done a nice job with it. There still won't be much (if any) gains over a stock airbox with a decent panel filter.

Kyle H
03-09-2008, 01:39 PM
If you install a CAI on your car, the extra air being sucked in can pop all your coolant hoses off resulted in your car BLEEDING all over! It doesnt stop there either. When so over worked, the compressor wheels in our turbos have been known to fly off and get lodged in the IM runners. They lodge with such velocity that its near impossible to dislodge them. Also the CAI will throw a CEL similar to this one:

P04202 - Intake - "was fine before you changed it"

Not worth it man.

What?!?!?!?

LOL. I'm assuming you were joking FUEGO.

But seriously, the stock airbox isn't a restriction with the k03, you shouldn't worry about changing it out until you go with a bigger turbo.

audiFUEGO
03-09-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL. I'm assuming you were joking FUEGO.

[;)][>_<]

Kyle H
03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
hahaha, I think that should go in the newbie guide.