PDA

View Full Version : 180TT Injectors install into AEB engine?

kblackwe
03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I just tried to install a set of 317cc longneck 180TT Injectors today in my 97' PC-16'd A4, and they could not be installed.

I thought that these were similar to the Genesis 310cc longneck injectors that were previously offered by USRT for the AEB, but I could not find them on the site anymore, so I purchased these from a member on here, thinking they would work. I was just wondering if anyone with an AEB engine/intake manifold has used the 180TT injectors before, and what needs to be done to get them to fit properly.

The only thing I came up with was changing the injector seats on the intake manifold to those of the 180TT or the 00-01 A4 injector seats, and hope that this solves the problem. Any thoughts or ideas, part numbers, etc. would be great.

creechsa4
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
i tried to fit these before, won't fit. they're too short. even with the right injector bungs, it'll still be short. you could probably shave down the mount for the rails some to make it fit but for all that, might as well just get some red tops or genesis 30lb injectors in the regular fatty style for the pc file.

kblackwe
03-09-2008, 10:41 AM
How do these work on the AWM intake manifolds then for the J31 file?

creechsa4
03-09-2008, 11:41 AM
i can't say, i've never seen or run a small port manifold. i'll keep my big port aeb intake ftw!

kblackwe
03-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't change out my intake manifold either, thats not what I was saying. I guess the question I have rather is how the AWM guys can run an AEB intake manifold, and yet still run TT injectors, etc.

creechsa4
03-10-2008, 11:23 AM
is that possible? awm guys would have to do some crazy match porting of the head to mate to the aeb manifold. the later model ports are miniature. i've ported a few heads/manifolds over the years.

ModifiedA4
03-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I just tried to install a set of 317cc longneck 180TT Injectors today in my 97' PC-16'd A4, and they could not be installed.

I thought that these were similar to the Genesis 310cc longneck injectors that were previously offered by USRT for the AEB, but I could not find them on the site anymore, so I purchased these from a member on here, thinking they would work. I was just wondering if anyone with an AEB engine/intake manifold has used the 180TT injectors before, and what needs to be done to get them to fit properly.

The only thing I came up with was changing the injector seats on the intake manifold to those of the 180TT or the 00-01 A4 injector seats, and hope that this solves the problem. Any thoughts or ideas, part numbers, etc. would be great.

i've played around with the AEB manifold on my ATW (similar injector/manifold setup as the AWM fwiw).

a couple of things...

the injectors "styles" are different for the AEB vs others. AEB is "ev6" and later years are "ev12". My website has some info on this.

as you found out the injector seats that they go into are totally different. I can tell you that the seats are not swappable into the different manifolds. They are different sizes externally, the AEB seats are much smaller.

the easy solution is for you to get the right "style" injectors, ev6(with the right flow) and resell the ev12 injectors you have.

kblackwe
03-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Great. Thanks for the info ModifiedA4. Anyone interested in a set of EV12 180TT Injectors let me know!

redflagquattro
10-10-2008, 07:06 PM
It can be done. I have an 2001 awm motor with an aeb head and intake manifold and i run my stock awm injectors which are the same style as the 180TT. You must do very, very, very precise shaving of the aeb seats on the acording sides, and then run injector spacers on the rail, and they will fit. If it is not done properly the injectors will fall through too far and will not seal; this has happend to me before. The seats tend to expand a bit under heat..i have shaved them again and havent had a problem again, but it could be a multiply occuring thing..ill have to wait and see. if they slip again im going to run the awm manifold. But it can be done and does work!