PDA

View Full Version : S4 Bumper on A4 questions

00SantorinS4
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey guys, prev owner of my car just gave me a freshly painted S4 Front bumper for my 96 2.8.
Has grills / no fogs (Anyone selling lol)

It also doesn't have the Washer Caps / License plate bracket.
Am I able to swap both of these front my A4 Front bumper?
Also, Is there any other hardware I'll need to bolt this bumper on my car or is it a straight bolt-up no mods necessary?
Thanks guys. I'm psyched to put it on but the winter in Maine is holding me back until at least April.

pipe7284
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
i have a 98 and it was just plug and play. no other necessary hardware. Other memebers have had the problem of having to change the supports as well, sometimes they are too short or too long.

TQMB5
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
^ he means the bumper shocks, for some reason some people have trouble with them and have to swap them out and some people dont seem to run into that problem. Only one way to find out.

onemoremile
03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
You are prefacelift and will have to swap out for the longer bumper shocks. There is a post about this in the FAQ.

I had an extra set and can take a look in the garage to see if they are still there.

00SantorinS4
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
onemoremile: Thanks. Let me know man.
Wish the prev owner would have told me damnit. lol

al3x
03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
You are prefacelift and will have to swap out for the longer bumper shocks. There is a post about this in the FAQ.

I had an extra set and can take a look in the garage to see if they are still there.
Where in the FAQ section is this post? I can't find it :(

00SantorinS4
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
ditto lol, I'd hate to grab the supports only to find out I wont need them.
I'd obviously rather have them before I go and throw the bumper on though.
Just in case..

TQMB5
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
i have a 98 and it was just plug and play. no other necessary hardware. Other memebers have had the problem of having to change the supports as well, sometimes they are too short or too long.

pipes ins pre-facelift and did not need to switch, that is why i said he should try it first.