PDA

View Full Version : s4 interior parts swap completed

burner799
03-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Just completed a full headliner and all random accesories that go with it swap...all black. Still have to wire up the homelink and visors though. What i'm wondering is the trim thats attached to the rubber door seal is beige on mine where as it's supposed to be black. did you guys just swap the hole rubber seal over or can i spray paint it with something?

sixfiveoh
03-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Damn dude. I want to do this badly. Pics are a must!

sean1.8t
03-06-2008, 01:31 AM
ttiwwp

clconversion
03-06-2008, 05:45 AM
I have the exact same problem I did the swap last year but syill have beige front seat belts and the beige weather strip I though about using shoe polish on the weather strip

Ewok_Fetus
03-06-2008, 05:55 AM
I personally like the strip... Kinda accents the aluminum trim...

AudiRacerS4
03-06-2008, 07:46 AM
ttiwwp

agree [up]

SurferForever
03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
pic of said strip?

20vpower
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
i can take pics if you dont have a camera boris, when we meet up for the parts

Tiluleshpingen
03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
clearly this thread is worthless with out pics

BrokeDown[20V]
03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
My set-up.

I am assuming you mean the strip that goes along the a pillar and connects to the B pillar? I just kept it beigh. adds contrast.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e255/1997GTi/mikes_audi_1.jpg

A4 Sunroof shade/ etc. with S4 headliner/A-B-C Pillars/Grab handles/Etc.

oneohone
03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Damn thats hot^^ Hopefully, mine will look like that soon...

biketsai
03-06-2008, 10:20 PM
lol, we will check on that this weekend.
wanna go to a meet saturday morning before we start? lol

sixfiveoh
03-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Damn that looks clean as hell... love the tan seats in that setup...

burner799
03-07-2008, 02:22 AM
thats my exact interior ! lol but, i have the s4 sunroof shade too. redoing the center armrest in prolly black suede since its all messed up right now.

i'm keeping seatbelts tan since my seats are like pictured above and the trim around the window is what i want to swap out. looks easy enough so i think i might do that tomorow.

No pics since i still have to install the pillars.

also, in the pic your front door pull is painted black.....i have to get to painting mine too...was wondering what it'd look like black might do that now

EDIT: new question, looking at the pic above more, you get your beltline trim on the doors to line up with the dash one really well, my doors seem to sag a bit, what do i do????? It bugs me

AnthraciteA4
03-07-2008, 08:20 AM
EDIT: new question, looking at the pic above more, you get your beltline trim on the doors to line up with the dash one really well, my doors seem to sag a bit, what do i do????? It bugs me

Take it to a body shop and have them adjust the bolts on your door hinge. I'm recommending you take it to a shop because its hard to hold the door in place and tighten the bolts down by yourself, plus if they are worth a crap they should have precise tools for the job. If its just the interior door cards that don't line up right, it mean you probably have a broken clip or its not attached properly.

BrokeDown[20V]
03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
also, in the pic your front door pull is painted black.....i have to get to painting mine too...was wondering what it'd look like black might do that now

About the door pulls, I painted the front black to see what it would look like, I liked it execpt it was wayy to shiney and I didnt like that. So I have since picked up a set of stock black pulls and have replaced them, Front and back. Looks alot better, but I dont have any pics.[:(]

And the Belt line trim I didnt touch, I guess Im just lucky my door cards have not sagged yet.

Post up some pics after you get everything installed.[wrench]

burner799
10-17-2008, 03:12 AM
I never posted pics. I did swap the door trim for black though. maybe i'll take pics in the morning. anybody know how much work it takes to get a b6 center armrest in our cars?

jlien08
10-17-2008, 07:29 AM
can i ask how much it cost you to do all this? i'd love to to this, but it seems hella 'spensive!

goody6691
10-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Just completed a full headliner and all random accesories that go with it swap...all black. Still have to wire up the homelink and visors though. What i'm wondering is the trim thats attached to the rubber door seal is beige on mine where as it's supposed to be black. did you guys just swap the hole rubber seal over or can i spray paint it with something?

what year is your car?