PDA

View Full Version : cold=fast warm=slow. warm=fast?

grip_racer
03-04-2008, 09:47 PM
my car feels so much faster and pulls much harder in the high rpms when its cold out. ~40f.

when its warm out (~70f+) its not as fast and dies faster at high rpms.

its a really big difference. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I'm guessing its timing being pulled.

Will a FMIC really fix this? or will the lower temps be negated by the pressure loss?

I just want my car to be like its cold weather all the time.

Militant-Grunt
03-04-2008, 10:03 PM
My car feels best at 55-65F for some reason, not as quick below and not as quick above that range, really odd.

Rhinop21
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
On all cars naturally aspirated or turbo charged the colder the temperature the better performance. Its even more so apparent in turbo charged cars. The colder the air the more dense and the more O2 molecules in the air. The more oxygen the better combustion in the combustion chamber. Yes a larger intercooler will help lower the IAT's.

audiFUEGO
03-04-2008, 10:41 PM
My car feels best at 55-65F for some reason, not as quick below and not as quick above that range, really odd.

denser air = more drag force

Poopie
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
my car runs like ass in cold weather.

Yaktizzle417
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
My car loves both?

It actually did amazing on the last 70* day we had. Maybe it was because I washed it for the first time in over a month and gave it a beauty mark? (Dope sticker)

I hate Missouri weather.

audisnapr
03-05-2008, 08:45 AM
my car feels so much faster and pulls much harder in the high rpms when its cold out. ~40f.

when its warm out (~70f+) its not as fast and dies faster at high rpms.

its a really big difference. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I'm guessing its timing being pulled.

Will a FMIC really fix this? or will the lower temps be negated by the pressure loss?

I just want my car to be like its cold weather all the time.

a FMIC could potentially help relative to your current setup. but remember, if install a FMIC which helps in the warmer weather, it's going to also help in the colder weather - its a viscous circle. car will most likely always feel better in the colder weather; ntm, colder temps seem to help with all the rattles and misc. noises the car makes. I guess all the materials shrink/tighten up and alleviate the rattles a bit. the car, for me at least, just feels better in the colder temps.

Alan
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
My car pulls MUCH harder when it's cold out. Although with my tiny K04 and 21 lbs it gets heatsoaked awfully quick.