PDA

View Full Version : random part that i need....

audiFUEGO
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
well i just recieved my stock airbox in the mail that i bought from another AZ member. Two things that im missing are the metal plate that the ICM would sit on, and the rubber grommet that seals in the MAF harness.

So now i have two gaping holes in the top half of my airbox. [eek]. So I used some black duct tape and sealed the oval hole from the metal plate pretty well. But i still need the rubber grommet. 3 years back when i removed my stock airbox i cut the grommet off thinking i didnt need it anymore [headbang]

So anyone know where to get this?

I can prob just duct tape it till i get one

317ssayzarc
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
the metal plate will be out asap if i can find it and the rubber grommet with go with it since i need neither and you do [up]

audiFUEGO
03-03-2008, 08:46 PM
oh man that would be awesome Jake, thank you [up]

You think a few layers of duct tape will be sufficient until then?

317ssayzarc
03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
eh personally, i wouldnt do it... but i dont think that there would be anything wrong with it as long as its a smallish hole (not 5" by 5" lol) and it seals fairly well...

audiFUEGO
03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
nah its about 3-4" by 1.5"... that hole is sealed pretty well...

the one im worried about is the one that the maf harness goes into. since the wire coming out will make it hard to seal it.

TighTT
03-03-2008, 09:33 PM
the metal plate will be out asap if i can find it and the rubber grommet with go with it since i need neither and you do [up]

Sorry about the TJ but:

So you're in Westerly, RI?? My family has a summer house in Wakefield....about 15-20 minutes from Westerly. I'll be there this summer in my A4....we should try and meet up. [up][wrench]

317ssayzarc
03-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Sorry about the TJ but:

So you're in Westerly, RI?? My family has a summer house in Wakefield....about 15-20 minutes from Westerly. I'll be there this summer in my A4....we should try and meet up. [up][wrench]

yea im in the watch hill area... i work down at the garage down there too [up]

they turned watch hill into a dump with all the ocean house construction and shit... lets take this to pms [up]