PDA

View Full Version : MTM to start its R8 project.

neoprufrok
03-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm waiting for the inevitable "MTM buyers are throwing their money away" posts. It'll be interesting to see what MTM comes up with.

Read the article here at Audi Daily News. (http://www.audidailynews.com/2008/03/tuners-mtm-gets-started-on-its-audi-r8.html)

LondonRockz
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
The window level paint on the side blades makes it look TTish.

FromS60toB61.8t
03-03-2008, 04:45 AM
haha MTM sure is expensive but is damn good [up]
If you have an R8 though why would you care about the cost haha

dreamcar=rs4
03-04-2008, 09:40 PM
painting part of the sideblades is FTL

KraftwerkB6
03-06-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought they already did some crazy stuff to an R8. Like twin turboed it or somthing? it was at some SEMA show or along thoughs lines. It was on here i think the pictures of it, it had big blue i want to say intakes. It could have been supercharged but i can not remember it was a while ago.

OEMplus.com
03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
They are working on transplanting the supercharger from the RS4 into an R8. They've done wheels and suspension already, so the engine is next... woohoo!

KraftwerkB6
03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Yea but im pretty sure they already did some like crazy twin turbo R8 or somthing, i remember it having huge blue intake pipes in the air in the engine bay.

KingKosoko
03-07-2008, 03:44 PM
A cheaper alternative to MTM would be STS. I know i write alot about STS but they are mt favorite turbo kits because you can Turbo any car and there is little engine modding needed for low boost. Also they guess there are great on customer service. Can you tell me you wound like to see a R8 sts twin turbo? Think about it. Now thats "Hot."

DefiantS4
03-27-2008, 02:19 PM
A cheaper alternative to MTM would be STS. I know i write alot about STS but they are mt favorite turbo kits because you can Turbo any car and there is little engine modding needed for low boost. Also they guess there are great on customer service. Can you tell me you wound like to see a R8 sts twin turbo? Think about it. Now thats "Hot."

Why would you settle for low boost on an R8? If you're going to mod a supercar you might as well go all out.

And you can't just slap an STS kit onto any car. The R8 has its engine mounted behind the cabin last time I checked, which is where the turbo(s) would traditionally be in an STS setup. Don't forget the fueling upgrades and tuning necessary too. You wouldn't want your expensive new German toy getting blown up by a company that only has experience with American cars and trucks.

Addicted2Bass
03-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Why would you settle for low boost on an R8? If you're going to mod a supercar you might as well go all out.

And you can't just slap an STS kit onto any car. The R8 has its engine mounted behind the cabin last time I checked, which is where the turbo(s) would traditionally be in an STS setup. Don't forget the fueling upgrades and tuning necessary too. You wouldn't want your expensive new German toy getting blown up by a company that only has experience with American cars and trucks.

Going w/an expensive German company won't guarantee that your car will be safe either. In case you haven't heard, the MTM RS4 blew up.

cerfus
03-27-2008, 02:42 PM
and turbo'd engines wont fly with audi's warranty policy.
I like how the side vent is painted, looks nice, thats actually the one part on the R8 I really dont like because its not color matched...just looks off to me.

DefiantS4
03-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't hear about that, and you are correct. Pushing more performance out of expensive performance cars is a gamble no matter which company you go with. I simply believe it smarter to go with one that has a better idea of what they are dealing with. It doesn't even have to be MTM, they're just the subject of this thread.