PDA

View Full Version : Funk Button FUNKtion

Euro-Tuner
02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
what should I hook my funk bottun up to? electric fan kit or electric exhaust dump. I like the idea of the exhaust dump, but the only reason im leaning towards the EFK is because I need a 6 pole connector for it so I can run it either off a thermostat or turn it on whenever I want it on...what do you guys think

...I may also remove my rear fog switch and put in an ESP button and hook it up to whatever doesnt go to the Funk button

onemoremile
02-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Disco balls, strobe lights, and a George Clinton soundtrack.

The ESP should call Clio or Dionne Warwick with one touch.

ModifiedA4
02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
mine is rigged to the A/C engine fan, which i run for extra cooling so I dont have to sit and idle for the oil temps to come down so much.

blkNJ a4
02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
dumps, because when you open the dumps, you know its tiem to get funky!!!

Just Quaff
02-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Dump FTW!

Overboostin
02-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Aren't dumps on a toggle switch so you can adjust the amount they're open? How can you do this with the funk button since its just a push?

TMorris
02-28-2008, 02:28 PM
dont buy an esp...get a taxi one

Ewok_Fetus
02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Aren't dumps on a toggle switch so you can adjust the amount they're open? How can you do this with the funk button since its just a push?

How can you adjust the ammount they are open with a toggle switch? A toggle is either on or off...

zrowcool
02-28-2008, 02:33 PM
yeah i would go with the dumps, get another for the fan kit

LowSantorin
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Dumps FTW!! What dumps are you using?

mike-2ptzero
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Well for the EFK you still want to use a temp controller and you can just add a relay inline of that which will allow you to run straight power to turn the EFK on with a small on/off switch inside the car. If you do the EFK that way you can just use the funk button to work the dump.

AudiRacerS4
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
im hooking my funk button up to my nitrous [:D]

mike-2ptzero
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
im hooking my funk button up to my nitrous [:D]

Does it also hit the halon system when the engine blows from the nitrous? [;)]

Didn't anyone tell you bottles are for babies?

Euro-Tuner
02-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Well for the EFK you still want to use a temp controller and you can just add a relay inline of that which will allow you to run straight power to turn the EFK on with a small on/off switch inside the car. If you do the EFK that way you can just use the funk button to work the dump.

I'll be honest, the whole rela situation with the hermostats confuse me...can I wire it so I can choose from using the thermostat as a switch or just turn it on whenever so I can cool while staging?

black00A4
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
put red neons under the dash and hook them up to the funk button

mike-2ptzero
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll be honest, the whole rela situation with the hermostats confuse me...can I wire it so I can choose from using the thermostat as a switch or just turn it on whenever so I can cool while staging?

Yes and it is very simple.

Install instructions:

1. You wire in a aftermarket thermastat kit like I have which I got from Summit racing. Cost was $25.88.
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/flx-31147_w.jpg

2. Install a standard 5 pin relay.
Pin 85 and 87 to the battery with a breaker switch in line
Pin 86 to a on/off switch inside the car that then is wired to ground
Pin 87A (center pin) goes to the out going wire from the thermastat controller
Pin 30 goes to your fans

So 30 and 87A are in contact at all time which means the thermastat controller is powering the fans when the temps reach what you set it too. When you flip the swich inside the car it grounds the relay causing it to switch so that power from pin 87 is connected sending power thru pin 30 and turning on the fans till you flip the switch off.

I use battery power because this allows me to leave the fan on while the car is parked or off while waiting in the staging lanes.

If you need pics I can always take some of the setup on my car.

Euro-Tuner
02-29-2008, 11:08 PM
ok, I'll be doing that when my EFK comes in. Thanks

mike-2ptzero
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM
ok, I'll be doing that when my EFK comes in. Thanks

If you run into a problem installing it just let me know, even if you need to talk on the phone I am always here to help.