PDA

View Full Version : Heat shield foil

sixfiveoh
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
My used carbonio came with the heat shield foil-stickyish stuff like peeling off and not covering the entire area of the heat shield, I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to pick up some of this stuff? Anyone know if they make it in black? I saw a guy that had some in gold, but if they had black that would be preferred. Gold and silver is a bit too flashy for me [up]

Nebone
02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Ask this guy "00black1.8t"

He makes heat shields for a bunch of Audis

sixfiveoh
02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't need the actual shield itself, just the sticky heat resistant foil material you put over the metal.

BTW, thanks for all the help on the MAF connector yesterday, she's runnin fine now [up]

Blake260
02-20-2008, 08:43 PM
home depot sells heating duct insulation that seems to work pretty well, I have it on mine.

audiness
02-21-2008, 04:06 AM
summitracing.com has it i think

AudiRacerS4
02-21-2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1828

Nebone
02-21-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't need the actual shield itself, just the sticky heat resistant foil material you put over the metal.

BTW, thanks for all the help on the MAF connector yesterday, she's runnin fine now [up]

No problem. I mentioned the guys username so you could ask him where to get that material since he uses it in his shields.

ModifiedA4
02-21-2008, 10:52 AM
? Anyone know if they make it in black? I saw a guy that had some in gold, but if they had black that would be preferred. Gold and silver is a bit too flashy for me [up]

the color has everything to do with the function of the part. reflective "colors" reflect radiant heat. Black would be the absolute worst color material to use.

hint, you want to use silver. [up]

sixfiveoh
02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
the color has everything to do with the function of the part. reflective "colors" reflect radiant heat. Black would be the absolute worst color material to use.

hint, you want to use silver. [up]

Yeah, I figured that would have something to do with it. But I was thinking maybe there was some kind of anodized blackish thing they came up with, who knows. Thanks for the link.

ModifiedA4
02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I figured that would have something to do with it. But I was thinking maybe there was some kind of anodized blackish thing they came up with, who knows.

if the color really bugs you...you could put a black plate there, then separate that from the airbox shield area by a silvered foam thermal pad.

the plate would get super hot, but hopefully the air gaps and thermal matting would prevent any heat from being conducted through.

Its easier and better to avoid the whole situation all together with reflective tape/coating.

more stuff:
http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=26