PDA

View Full Version : CEL, VAG can't find.

generik777
02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Well I got my car back from the shop and it is all fixed up and running great, But he said they didn't have the equipment to clear the CEL, So I brought the car home and ran a AUTO-SCAN with my VAG-COM, But no codes come up, How do I clear the CEL. I'm not the best at using VAG either so maybe it is something simple that I am missing. Any help appreciated.
EDIT: Also when I try to do a scan of just the engine module it says "No Response From Controller"

Stampy
02-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I had this happen once with my 02 GTI. For some reason when I used a generic OBDII scanner it found it. It was a random misfire code. I don't know why VAG didn't pick it up. I just erased it with the generic and was happy again.

generik777
02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Well I found out the reason it's not finding anything is that it's not communicating with anything, When I do the Auto scan it tries scanning everything but it just goes through the whole process then says ".....end". And like I said before whenever I try to scan an individual module it just says "No Response From Controller". Blown fuse maybe? Why isn't the car communicating? And yes I had the key in the on position.

whoace
02-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Did you install an aftermarket deck?

20vpower
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Same thing happened to me, cant access the ecu. Tried it on my other b5 and it worked. Also my radio fuse is blown. All this happened when i switched up jumper cables (for some reason there is a red fuzzy deal on the neg side of the battery... still trying to figure out what is wrong . Also check #12 fuse in fuse box, its your obd2 fuse, red 10

generik777
02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I do have an aftermarket deck but it has been in their since I bought the car, And it never affected the usability of VAG-COM before. I checked fuse 12 and it's all good. The CEL went out on it's own this morning anyway, But I'm still curious as to why the VAG isn't connecting to the car.

20vpower
02-22-2008, 07:14 AM
pm me if you find out whats wrong, i got the same issue, cant access my ecu thru vag

whoace
02-22-2008, 11:02 AM
pm me if you find out whats wrong, i got the same issue, cant access my ecu thru vag

If you have an aftermarket deck installed, common mistake installers make is hooking up the "power antenna" wire out of the harness. The wire is actually the k-wire for the factory deck to communicate with the ecu. The extra voltage the aftermarket deck sends out interrupts the vag-com communication. If this is the case, just disconnect the wire. It should be blue with white stripe.