PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone. My setup will be GT2560R's.

lil' is 300
02-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Happy? [rolleyes]

Sponsored by Mark@ASP and TommyRS4K04. (joke)

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3274/picture3xd1.png

Oh noes!!! The secret is out!!!!

Nothing to hide, don't give a shit. What I do to my car is for my own personal enjoyment.

GenerationJDM's GT kit. The end.

Jung
02-18-2008, 07:19 PM
sounds sweet alex... love to see some pics and vids when done!

dannyn424
02-18-2008, 07:19 PM
kickin ass alex as usual lets some backfire vids

NYCVR6
02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Why would you use 44mm gates? That's overkill... Seems like a nice setup regardless..

lil' is 300
02-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Why would you use 44mm gates? That's overkill... Seems like a nice setup regardless..

There are a lot of theories... but pairing a large external wastegate with a small turbine should give max bottom end power and response. There won't be any flow or back-pressure issues that's for sure...and should not experience any boost creep because of the larger gate.

2001S4NY
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
[up][:D][up]

Das General
02-18-2008, 07:39 PM
fuckkkkk I should have gone GT's. I feel like such a fool now.

01 S4
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
i started reading this expecting it to be a spoof on the "spoolingasshatS4" guy

nice to see a legit car being built

BurnAll4S4
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
yea it always made me chuckle how people kept everything super top secret around here. good luck man.

generationjdm
02-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Vband for starters on the 44mm gates and the other things lil pointed out...

ubermidget
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
alex your building my dream setup....i so wish i knew the GT's were gonna be more readily available, end of summer motors comin out and the PJ's are goin up for sale

AMC
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
wait? what? didnt you try to sell your asp exhaust so you have money cuz money was tight? or you got everything sorted out? Add another GT s4 in NY lol, well GL on this project looks likes it guna be killer keep it up[up][hail]

ps: nice picture[race]

JMTx86
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
yea it always made me chuckle how people kept everything super top secret around here. good luck man.

[:D]

Well it just makes it that much sweeter when its all done and we get to see it, too many people from NY are on this forum now scouting the comp, I know more then a couple people keep tabs on mark so it's better to keep things D/L

Hey alex wtf that shit isn;t in your car yet, it's not installed stop bragging about it till its actually in your car blah blah blah.[headbang]

anyways you gonna f with the s4 fuel rail to fit the rs4 mani?
Who is gonna tune this beast?

generationjdm
02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
After thinking greatly about this I'm deleting my original post about autospeed Marc and will not bring myself down to his level. I can go on for days about how there manifolds and dps r 1 of the most weakest sets I've ever seen with pictures of 1 broke in half and you can clearly see what I'm talking about.. But at this time I will let him have his slandering fun on the private forums... work..http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1389/audis4manifolddownpipe0qj7.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=audis4manifolddownpipe0qj7.jpg)

revhards4
02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
generationJDM i know your hot right now but lets have the products and the price do the talking

Slow4
02-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Bah!

My super-top-secret-behind-enemy-lines-setup will be stock until this summer

+)

GramCracker
02-18-2008, 10:02 PM
How much effort went into that photoshop image? (its good)

I cant wait to see your car when its done. Its going to be sick as hell.

generationjdm
02-18-2008, 10:04 PM
who used photo shop?

revhards4
02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
remember when I said to bite your tongue!...I know u bit it off by now with some of the bashing from ASP so go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

generationjdm
02-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I have some nice pics for them if it keeps up, then we can see how much more talking he wishes to do....

lil' is 300
02-19-2008, 01:06 AM
GenJDM, when you get the kit shipped over here I will do a full photography shoot with a digital SLR camera. That will quiet any disbelievers, and you are more than welcome to use these pictures for marketing purposes. Photography/film is my other obsession/hobby [:)]

GURUMAN
02-19-2008, 04:12 AM
It look a lot like my list too.

W8 TB that was my idea, GenJDM is copying my setup.

I knew I should have stayed a secret setup [=(][headbang]

GURUMAN
02-19-2008, 04:12 AM
I was joking[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

PoloIceberg
02-19-2008, 04:27 AM
Alex good luck with the build!

highPSI-S4
02-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Yeah goodluck, can't wait to see how it turns out.

AMC
02-19-2008, 06:49 AM
my set up will be quad t88's....but shhhhhh its a secret!

Das General
02-19-2008, 06:49 AM
that generationJDM is so hot right now. I didn't know he was making a pseudo mass production kit, i thought he was being selfish and keeping it himself.

AMC
02-19-2008, 06:50 AM
oh and nice alex...gimme a ride when ur done

generationjdm
02-19-2008, 07:12 AM
I wasn't going to do a kit for sale originally but after some unique events I decided to...

2001S4CT
02-19-2008, 07:40 AM
how long will this project take to finish? just curious on the cost also

generationjdm
02-19-2008, 09:16 AM
how long will this project take to finish? just curious on the cost alsoP.M me for info, I will be offering 4 different configurations.

Dr.Duct
02-19-2008, 03:49 PM
P.M me for info, I will be offering 4 different configurations.

So your going to produce the kit on a regular?

Are you going to offer warranty with your parts?

Its just so difficult to get a market for these car's with the prices, when someone could build up other cars for a fraction of the cost and be running faster.. Reguardless, it wont be an Audi.

Dont take offense to my other post, im just giving you questions and annopunces the general market for this product are going to scratch their head on..

The mroe GT kits availible from diffrent companies.. the better, makes a little more competition for better product's at cheaper price's : )

Hopefully with the crazy drop in value of our car's we will get a bigger market for people buying, with intention's to mod and pull big number's from and give more of a demand to the aftermarket.

generationjdm
02-19-2008, 05:05 PM
What warranty do you get with any after-market race part? Does anyone even warranty a k04 build? Life time warranty on the manifolds and dps.. I'm not going to make dozens at once but if someone wants a kit they can buy them.. I will try to have some laying around as best as I can.

JaredVL
02-19-2008, 06:50 PM
What warranty do you get with any after-market race part? Does anyone even warranty a k04 build? Life time warranty on the manifolds and dps.. I'm not going to make dozens at once but if someone wants a kit they can buy them.. I will try to have some laying around as best as I can.
STaSIS turbo kits have a warranty.

Btw - no one talks about you on the secret forum.

generationjdm
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Jared whats your warranty? I didn't realize you offered a GT kit?

lil' is 300
02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
They aren't for S4 2.7's. Very nice though, regardless.

Gavin
02-19-2008, 08:24 PM
too bad ur gonna be mad slow with your granny shifting

generationjdm
02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
gavin hows the ride?

Gavin
02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
its a lot better than what it was. lol. im still waiting for my egt sensor and a few minor things. but im waiting for finals to be over with so alex and i can take a look at it and see what we can do about some of the problems.

btw big ups on this kit, when my k03s go im gonna need some pricing info from ya :)
cant wait to see it in person

AudiA4_20T
02-20-2008, 09:44 AM

damn I wanna be on the secret forum

JaredVL
02-20-2008, 09:51 AM
damn I wanna be on the secret forum
It sounds way more awesome than it really is, just ask Alex.

Its more a good source of financial advice than anything else.

2001S4NY
02-20-2008, 10:02 AM

Its more a good source of financial advice than anything else.

lol and shit talking u forgot to mention that

JaredVL
02-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Yup, btw when are you ever going to actually post and not just lurk?

2001S4NY
02-20-2008, 10:10 AM
lol ill be posting soon i was just held up with stuff :)

lil' is 300
02-20-2008, 10:16 AM

I don't know what you're talking about. http://www.focusmag.gr/media/emoticons/smiley-paranoid.png

NYCVR6
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
There's a secret forum? [confused][:D]

ubermidget
02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
im lost. what secret ?

Das General
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
i gotz the password

2001S4NY
02-20-2008, 12:36 PM
There's a secret forum? [confused][:D]

lol yes justin there is one and there is a person on there who i think pretends to be you [:D]

JaredVL
02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I wish people would realize its not that awesome, its not even really geared around the S4. the off topic forum is where its at. Everything that can be found there tech wise can be found elsewhere also.

davenew
02-20-2008, 01:56 PM

Yea, I'm still trying to figure out who this guy is. I haven't heard anything about him or the kit in the past and all of a sudden there's a big shit storm going on. Either way the welds look nice.:)

lil' is 300
02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Majority of people are better off not knowing or hearing what is said there anyways. Just picture a handful of frat boys sitting around in a circle jerk... If you're not in, you're automatically defaulted to flames.

On the other hand, if you're in...you're pretty damn gay. [:D]

NYCVR6
02-20-2008, 03:13 PM
lol yes justin there is one and there is a person on there who i think pretends to be you [:D]

Bastard! I hope he's not making me look like a fool. [:D]

ChumbaWumba
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Majority of people are better off not knowing or hearing what is said there anyways. Just picture a handful of frat boys sitting around in a circle jerk... If you're not in, you're automatically defaulted to flames.

On the other hand, if you're in...you're pretty damn gay. [:D]

hahahahahahaha..........

anyways im gaining more and more interest in a GT kit

GURUMAN
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
hahahahahahaha..........

anyways im gaining more and more interest in a GT kit

My gt2554's are for sale, good parts to start a kit !

Dr.Duct
02-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I was reffering to the manifolds.. Very nice.. Ill be keeping an eye on your kit, and progress. Im a big fan of new things, from new people.

Jared: Thier was this kewl lil forumz that I use to go to, that moderator i could has but it went bye bye? it was kind of secret's!. I have enough forum shit to keep up on as it is. lol

generationjdm
02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
It's amazing whats happening to the transformation of the B5 S4 this year by some many people, should be a very awesome year for B5 S4ss..

spoolingt2876s4
02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
sure will be thanks to people like JDM

Gavin
02-21-2008, 12:23 PM
im excited... im wondering how much competition theres gonna be in the 10 sec range

revhards4
02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Alex what GT2560 you plan on running?...I myself am trying to figure out the best overall turbo for this car. It's really funny how big of a difference calculating compressor maps and spool characteristics when you factor in if you had a 3.0 block or the standard stock 2.7. Also when you change the rev limiter from 7k or 7200rpm to like 7500 what a differnece it is plotting on the compressor map graphs.

GT2560R - 707160 - 9 looks to be the best choice for me and gives me room to grow if I ever plan on building a 3.0 with built 2.8 heads and cams.

generationjdm
02-21-2008, 03:44 PM
We will get even better flow from r new merge collector which is different from the prototypes in my pictures, the new ones will have a 2 inch longer merge collector and is straighter. There on a great angle needed for scavenging which will make them even more efficient.. The new manis Alex will be even more impressive you'll see soon..

Gavin
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
im gonna steal alex's car and install his kit in mine :)

generationjdm
02-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Alex what GT2560 you plan on running?...I myself am trying to figure out the best overall turbo for this car. It's really funny how big of a difference calculating compressor maps and spool characteristics when you factor in if you had a 3.0 block or the standard stock 2.7. Also when you change the rev limiter from 7k or 7200rpm to like 7500 what a differnece it is plotting on the compressor map graphs.

GT2560R - 707160 - 9 looks to be the best choice for me and gives me room to grow if I ever plan on building a 3.0 with built 2.8 heads and cams.The reason why I didn't use this now that i recall was, there only water cooled..

lil' is 300
02-21-2008, 07:47 PM
We will get even better flow from r new merge collector which is different from the prototypes in my pictures, the new ones will have a 2 inch longer merge collector and is straighter. There on a great angle needed for scavenging which will make them even more efficient.. The new manis Alex will be even more impressive you'll see soon..

I havn't even seen the new ones yet! [:D]

It makes me sad that these pretty parts are gonna be hidden in the engine bay and under the car ...maybe I should buy another set to put on the wall in my room. [:p]

generationjdm
02-21-2008, 08:14 PM
The new ones have a with few less joints..

joemomma
02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
The new ones have a with few less joints..

Hey man PMed you

AB18
02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Nice generation, those manis look good.

Silence
02-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry Alex, but I find this so ironic that the week you post this, the Tial kit is being installed on a car.

lil' is 300
02-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Sorry Alex, but I find this so ironic that the week you post this, the Tial kit is being installed on a car.

I've known about TiAL being wrapped up for the last few months but that didn't stop me from putting down a deposit for GenJDM's kit. In no way am I putting the TiAL kit down...but in my case, from a cost point of view, there is no comparison.

I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes. My only concern is the lag when using stock manifolds with the larger ball bearing turbo option. I've come to realize when considering my GT set up that I want more than 2000 rpm of full boost. Actual results should be coming soon, so we'll see if that's the case...

But yes, I do find it ironic, I was actually talking to Johny about it the other day. [:)]

generationjdm
02-22-2008, 06:01 AM
I'm sure we will see all kinds of things posted, some realistic and some not. It's R job to know the differences and take some things with a grain of salt... I personally know the compressor side isn't the problem at all, it's all in the turbine and exhaust side.. A big comp wheel isn't going to help on a tiny turbine side or restrictive manifold..

Wizard-of-OD
02-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I wasn't going to do a kit for sale originally but after some unique events I decided to...

I dont usually do get involved in matters that dont concern me but I see what costs go into making these GT kits and I think you should really explain yourself for a minute.
Did you not purchase your GT Kit from VAG Motorsport?

NYCVR6
02-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Did you not purchase your GT Kit from VAG Motorsport?

That's what i heard..

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 07:25 AM
I dont usually do get involved in matters that dont concern me but I see what costs go into making these GT kits and I think you should really explain yourself for a minute.
Did you not purchase your GT Kit from VAG Motorsport?So now I purchased a gt kit from Vag "how funny", this story keeps getting better. My stuff looks nothing like Vags stuff if I was to break all the differences down there more different then the same and whats the same can't be changed by anyone because of packaging.. I don't owe you or anyone an explanation for anything, I have dozens of pics of my motor and tranny on a welding table being built from scratch, I'm finished talking about any and all conversations like this. If it was just a matter of duplicating a kit I would of been done 7 months ago.. I wasn't aware Theres was a matter of concern.

GURUMAN
02-24-2008, 08:01 AM
From my part, I know I accused you before and I apologize. From the pictures, It's clear that they are not the same.

If I would build my own kit from nothing, I would probably buy or borrow an existing one and start from there to engineer my own. There is nothing wrong to this.

I would be wrong If JDM was bragging that the VAG motorsports kit is crap and overpriced comparing to his kit. Exactly like Mark from Autospeed did whan vag came out with a kit.

Vag had a customer running the autospeed manifolds and this guy had them removed towo times to get them straitened and rewelded cause they were leaking. I'm sure these manifolds played a part in the engineering of Vag's kit, but it's far from beeing copied.

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
From my part, I know I accused you before and I apologize. From the pictures, It's clear that they are not the same.

If I would build my own kit from nothing, I would probably buy or borrow an existing one and start from there to engineer my own. There is nothing wrong to this.

I would be wrong If JDM was bragging that the VAG motorsports kit is crap and overpriced comparing to his kit. Exactly like Mark from Autospeed did whan vag came out with a kit.

Vag had a customer running the autospeed manifolds and this guy had them removed towo times to get them straitened and rewelded cause they were leaking. I'm sure these manifolds played a part in the engineering of Vag's kit, but it's far from beeing copied.Guru, Thank you for being honest[up] I've always said the exact opposite Vags stuff is really nice they have a very nice gt kit I've said this from day one.

Every kit is based off another kit, Awe copied the stockers autospeed did the same or copied awe I'm not sure then autospeed came out with the GT kit the Chinese copied the Awe stuff, these manis r exactly the same as each other.

Vast was inspired by the domestic car that never came to the market. Mine r nothing the same, if you look at my merge collector and theirs you will see theirs is a 1 piece cast mine is hand built, mine is shorter and on a completely different angle so theres no way to go from the collector to the head flange and be the same as theirs it's not physically possible and the turbo can only sit in 1 location same thing with the dps there is 4-6 things that r totally different and they to can only sit in 1 location.

The new ones where doing R even more different longer collector straighter and a few less welds. I was inspired by the Vag kit theres no questioned that there kit is very nice. It's harder to try to copy the s4 manifolds then to build 1 set off the motor from scratch because theres zero room for error. I hope this puts this whole thing to rest.[up]

Wizard-of-OD
02-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Well I wish you best of luck.

EUROTEK//S4
02-24-2008, 01:45 PM
3 pages and no pics yet ? [mad]

Clay @ Kinetic
02-24-2008, 01:57 PM
The reason why I didn't use this now that i recall was, there only water cooled..

That turbo is oil and water cooled, when turbos have oil in them that means they are oil cooled and oil lubricated, the water offers additional cooling.

NYCVR6
02-24-2008, 02:25 PM
That turbo is oil and water cooled, when turbos have oil in them that means they are oil cooled and oil lubricated, the water offers additional cooling.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no only water cooled turbo, there is only oil cooled though.

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 02:26 PM
That turbo is oil and water cooled, when turbos have oil in them that means they are oil cooled and oil lubricated, the water offers additional cooling.I was saying if you look on garretts site they listed it as water cooled not oil. I figured it was a misprint but never really went any further to see...http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2560R_707160_9.htm

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 02:28 PM
3 pages and no pics yet ? [mad]The link has pics of the manifolds and dps and we all know what a set of GT turbos look like, would you like pics of the nuts and bolts and gaskets?

EUROTEK//S4
02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
The link has pics of the manifolds and dps, would you like pics of the nuts and bolts and gaskets?

so your kit only comes with manfolds and downpipes ?

NYCVR6
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I was saying if you look on garretts site they listed it as water cooled not oil. I figured it was a misprint but never really went any further to see...http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2560R_707160_9.htm

That link says oil and water cooled bearing system ... It's really common sense that all turbos are oil cooled.

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
so your kit only comes with manfolds and downpipes ?We all know what turbos look like lines,rs4 accordion,injectors,bolts,gaskets,silicon couplers & clamps & Etc. Do you really need a pic of these things?

lil' is 300
02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6067/dsc1237gz6.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1269/dsc1252ui4.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/966/dsc1222vh2.jpg

Now show me some pictures of your E39 with a turbo installed on it.

1997gtx
02-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Eurotek, for the record, you posted that you were trying to sell your car a long time ago, but the screen shot above is from Januray 18th of this year. That's not really a "long time ago".

Stop trolling. Talk cars and contribute or you can go to.

I'm not putting up with this kid stuff anymore.

Keep this on topic or infractions will be given.

Thanks~
--Adam

lil' is 300
02-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the cleanup Adam... now back to the original topic...

EUROTEK//S4
02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
We all know what turbos look like lines,rs4 accordion,injectors,bolts,gaskets,silicon couplers & clamps & Etc. Do you really need a pic of these things?

no I dont... i just wanted to see a pic of the full kit...oh well [:)]

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I will gather everything once I'm 100% done and take some pics..

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing. There is no only water cooled turbo, there is only oil cooled though.I just glanced at the bottom right corner where it said water cooled all the other gts said oil/water cooled so I left it at that, I never looked at the writing on the left nor did i really give it any thought my fault

EUROTEK//S4
02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
to used the tial ss housings you would have to offer the manifolds with vband flange ?

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Who's offering the tial SS housings? I never said i was because there not out yet and they have no date for release.

EUROTEK//S4
02-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Who's offering the tial SS housings? I never said i was because there not out yet and they have no date for release.

I think there just in backorder......

240 motoring has a real pic of the tial ss housing on the manifold so they must be out ? [confused] :

http://store.240sxmotoring.com/gagttiextusr.html

http://store.240sxmotoring.com/sytopmosrmaw.html

generationjdm
02-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Those r pics of the gt3076, tial has made some turbos for the public but not the gt28 stuff yet..

revhards4
02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
GT25/28 stuff is not available

GURUMAN
02-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Alex, I got something you need...[:D]

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/domy954/?action=view&current=dom071.flv

lil' is 300
02-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey Alex, I got something you need...[:D]

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/domy954/?action=view&current=dom071.flv

I only need the throttle body from that [:p]

Not a bad daily driver!

GURUMAN
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Alex at Vag as put aside for me an R32 Throttle body.

lil' is 300
02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
That should work too. There are a few ports you need to plug up though.

generationjdm
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Alex when you get back from vacation theres something waiting for you...

2001S4NY
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
alex where are you lol, hope your enjoying your break

generationjdm
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
alex where are you lol, hope your enjoying your breakhe will have plenty of work when he returns.haha

2001S4NY
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
:) yes im waiting for him i want to see how he comes out with it

generationjdm
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I have a few surprises for him, if he does his end proper theres no question the part's I'm suppling him with should make for a really awesome setup... Your next!!!!

Nexus1155
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
can't wait to see this things numbers

2001S4NY
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
yea me 2 im sure he will be up there ;)

generationjdm
03-05-2008, 12:30 PM
can't wait to see this things numbersR goal has never been to build the fastest or most powerful S4, keep in mind where not trying to build a race car or make peak numbers, where shooting for an S4 that makes awesome usable power while still keeping the S4 an S4...

lil' is 300
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
alex where are you lol, hope your enjoying your break

London rocks. Today I saw a F430, Gallardo, Murcielago, Santorin B5 S4 (euro bumper yum), black B7 RS4, sexy Alfa Romeo's and so many little cool cars I wish were in the states. [:D]

Will return Sunday...then it's back to business.[wrench]

generationjdm
03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Alex, next week I will be looking at doing a nice merge collector from the 3inch dps to 3.5 straight pipe with you in mind haha

lil' is 300
03-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Alex, next week I will be looking at doing a nice merge collector from the 3inch dps to 3.5 straight pipe with you in mind haha

Perfecto! [:)]

MiniRS4
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
bah humbug, RS6's FTW! ;p

revhards4
03-05-2008, 10:48 PM
^hehehe

Gavin
03-08-2008, 09:49 PM
alex come back *cries*

davenew
03-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I've known about TiAL being wrapped up for the last few months but that didn't stop me from putting down a deposit for GenJDM's kit. In no way am I putting the TiAL kit down...but in my case, from a cost point of view, there is no comparison.

I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes. My only concern is the lag when using stock manifolds with the larger ball bearing turbo option. I've come to realize when considering my GT set up that I want more than 2000 rpm of full boost. Actual results should be coming soon, so we'll see if that's the case...

But yes, I do find it ironic, I was actually talking to Johny about it the other day. [:)]

The stock manifold is a valid concern but you have it backwards. Smaller manifold runners will have higher exhaust gas velocity and should HELP spoolup.. not hurt it. The drawback of smaller stock manifolds is they *could* create excessive restriction at max airflow levels. Someone would need to do some math or testing to know.

generationjdm
03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
The stock manifold is a valid concern but you have it backwards. Smaller manifold runners will have higher exhaust gas velocity and should HELP spoolup.. not hurt it. The drawback of smaller stock manifolds is they *could* create excessive restriction at max airflow levels. Someone would need to do some math or testing to know.I'm sorry Dave but this statement is 100% wrong about the exhaust gases having more velocity in the smaller stocker, also a log style manifold like the stocker is the absolute worst style out there for flow and spool . Picture this and you will understand why it's not a good thing to run the stocker.. Gases actually back up in the tiny stock LOG STYLE manifold because of it's lack to flow ie tiny primaries and no merge collector, when exhaust gases back up and can't flow this puts a load/weight on the turbine wheel which slows the process/wheel down a lot and actually cause lag. I've flowed the stockers and the white ones out there and the stocker was the worst.. To be 100% honest mine had almost no back up at 100psi the others started to back up at 20-25psi badly, the stocker at 15 psi... Picture a 3 lane road that all merged into 1 lane exactly at the same time thats the best way to described the stocker and most the others out there...