PDA

View Full Version : Window came off the track.

Kronic Budz
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
ok well i tried to roll my window up earlier and it was making the sound of rolling up but the window would not budge. I rolled it all the way down and it was starting to go down then got stuck at the bottom. I had to pull it up with plyers and now it is just taped in the closed position. I called the dealer and said it sounded like the regulator and would be around 400-600$ to replace. [headbang]

If i use the window switch i can hear something going up and down but it feels as if the window isnt connected. Im sure something just broke in there.

This really sucks guys, i hate having things go wrong with your car man. Its such a PITA. My day is now ruined.

Can anyone give me advice on how i should go about getting it fixed. Would a normal mechanic do a good job on fixing this or should i just throw the money down for the dealer?

thanks guys.[=(][=(][=(]

TonyD
02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
It's your window regulator. If you're under warranty, take it to the dealer.

burner799
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
if you are not under warranty........you can fix it yourself for around a hundred bucks.

sixfiveoh
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Do it yourself. It happened to me twice within the past month, both my windows went out. The first one I fixed took me like 2 hours with a friend, then literally 2 minutes after we put everything back together, the other side went out. I fixed that one in 40 minutes flat myself. Got the parts for $55 each shipped from MPLSChase, checked out this DIY and got to work:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190395

Hell I could even help you if you wanted...

deux321
02-18-2008, 05:24 PM
definately the REG.

just did mine yesterday, and also got my part from Chase. (good man)

have fun!!!!

oneohone
02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
It happens man, mine just went out about a month ago. Its zip-tied in right now haha. Will replace soon tho...

Kronic Budz
02-18-2008, 07:30 PM
alright thanks guys. Yea im def not taking it to the stealership so they can take my 500+ dollars. FUCK THAT!

So do you guys think that i should just replace both my front regs instead of just doing my driver side and then not having to deal with the pass side eventually?

And also, where is the best place to order the regs from for the best price? Anyone have a DIY on replacing a reg?

thanks a bunch.[hail]

sixfiveoh
02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
alright thanks guys. Yea im def not taking it to the stealership so they can take my 500+ dollars. FUCK THAT!

So do you guys think that i should just replace both my front regs instead of just doing my driver side and then not having to deal with the pass side eventually?

And also, where is the best place to order the regs from for the best price? Anyone have a DIY on replacing a reg?

thanks a bunch.[hail]

Cmon dude, I already answered those questions! [:p]

Got the parts for $55 each shipped from MPLSChase, checked out this DIY and got to work:

Hell I could even help you if you wanted...

Shoot mplschase@gmail.com an email, tell him the part you want, he ships pretty quick and the prices are great. Then check out the DIY here

And like I said, if you need any help, let me know. I'm in the Bay Area too.

Kronic Budz
02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Cmon dude, I already answered those questions! [:p]

Shoot mplschase@gmail.com an email, tell him the part you want, he ships pretty quick and the prices are great. Then check out the DIY here

And like I said, if you need any help, let me know. I'm in the Bay Area too.

alright thanks man, my bad i was kinda angry when reading this and didnt even realize you hooked up all the info. Ya man if you wanted to help me out do this shizznt ill pay you well. Ill be contacting that guy real soon, thanks

SoFresh
02-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I've fixed multiple Jetta windows that had the same thing happen. About $75 shipped for the parts. I've heard you can get them for cheaper.

keeganhartman
02-18-2008, 08:53 PM
what year a4 ? i have a whole inner door assembly i'd let go for cheap just pm me if interested

sixfiveoh
02-18-2008, 11:19 PM
alright thanks man, my bad i was kinda angry when reading this and didnt even realize you hooked up all the info. Ya man if you wanted to help me out do this shizznt ill pay you well. Ill be contacting that guy real soon, thanks

You'll need a drill and a riveter, I borrowed them from my neighbor. I have rivets somewhere, let me know when you get everything together and we can hook up sometime. What part of the bay are you in?

Kronic Budz
02-18-2008, 11:59 PM
You'll need a drill and a riveter, I borrowed them from my neighbor. I have rivets somewhere, let me know when you get everything together and we can hook up sometime. What part of the bay are you in?

yea for sure man. Im a little north of SF in San Rafael. Where do you live?

sixfiveoh
02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm in San Mateo, 20 min south of SF.

boostedup
02-19-2008, 12:14 AM
how much can you guys get rear window regulators for?? the cheapest i found was $155 from ECS, it think? i need two rear ones. i found front ones for cheaper, around 75 bucks........... help me out, and sorry to jack the thread. but sixfiveo already answered all his questions :)

deux321
02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
look for mplschase.see if he has any cars he is parting out.
and also check the classified sec. there are always peeps parting their cars.
get it from them. thats probably the cheapest way to go!

sixfiveoh
02-19-2008, 12:22 AM
how much can you guys get rear window regulators for?? the cheapest i found was $155 from ECS, it think? i need two rear ones. i found front ones for cheaper, around 75 bucks........... help me out, and sorry to jack the thread. but sixfiveo already answered all his questions :)

Like I mentioned earlier, email mplschase@gmail.com, I got 2 rear window regulators for $55 each shipped to my door.

boostedup
02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Like I mentioned earlier, email mplschase@gmail.com, I got 2 rear window regulators for $55 each shipped to my door.

that's exactly what i need, two regulators....i just shot him an email, hopefully he's got some. thanx..[:D]