PDA

View Full Version : Little maf/idle question. +Euro Trunk ?'s.

fikes
02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Took a quick search but didn't find a exact answer. My question is I bought a new Throttle Body and have been having idle issues. I used vag-com to align it but when I come to a stop and push the clutch in or if Im parked with the car on and rev it it will jump up and slowly come down its doesn't just drop. I know its a working TB becasue its the second one I received and it works and doesn't throw a CEL but its just not idling right and its so annoying. I was wondering if the MAF would have anything to do with it if it needs to be cleaned should I go buy some maf cleaner or what Should I do im tired of trying to fix it. And if nothing working could the AUDI dealer use some special things to make it so it works right. Thanks.

"little question" I go to this place to eat alot and a person who works there has a 2.8 audi and its just a daily driver so nothing is done to it but somehow it has a euro trunk. Did some of them come from factory like that or is this rare thing that he has this. Thanks.

Poopie
02-18-2008, 11:07 AM
in 1996 they came with a euro recessed trunk

You can try CRC maf cleaner. How does it idle when you just start? Try unplugging the maf and see how your idle is. You can drive it too but you will be in limp mode. I have a working maf if you need to swap it out.

fikes
02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
It works fine when I start the car but its when I rev it up or come to a stop. Ill try to unplug the maf and see what happens. I might try to clean it if it seems to be part of the problem.

98a4
02-18-2008, 11:35 AM
96 came with the N/A version of the euro trunk.
Facelift euros are different.

fikes
02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
should I unplug the maf after the car is started because it wont start when its unplugged to being with.

fikes
02-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I went out and ran if with the MAF unplugged and it still did it. Not as bad but Still was coming down slowly. I would really appreciate if you guys could give all your solutions since I have been battling this problem for about 4 months now. I need some help.

ModifiedA4
02-18-2008, 12:23 PM
so the vag-com alignment was successful?

fikes
02-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Ya I mean let me give you as much info as I can. Bought a TB did the alignment and it was idling weird so I took it to a garage and asked them to see if they could try to align it. They could not make it stop but the alignment was successful. He said sometimes the TB are re manufactured and are faulty. I got the company to return it and nicely they sent me another one. Now I put it on did the vag alignment and it was successful and its still doing it. Idk what to do but I highly doubt that they would send 2 faulty ones thats why I think something else is wrong somewhere. I unplugged the maf and ran it and thew the maf code and a few misfires but nothing to do with anything else and it still does it. I need some serious help.

dingguhlbary
02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
i think some 97s had the trunk too. check this one out.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/car/553424148.html

fikes
02-18-2008, 03:04 PM
ok thanks for the answer but cancel that question now I need help on my other problem.

absolute
02-18-2008, 05:39 PM
vacuum leak after the throttle body or bad throttle body. Sometimes the evaporative purge valve will stick open also.

brlukosk
02-18-2008, 05:52 PM
how long did you give it to work?

sometimes it takes a few days for the idle to work again.

fikes
02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Its been a good amount of time after each TB I gave it a week or so. It better now be a bad TB this is the second one. mjmautohaus finally returned it and gave me another now im on the second one. I don't think they would send 2 bad ones. They also said they test them out before they ship them. Idk how true that is but I need it fixed. What do I check to see if that evaporative purge valve is stuck open.

fikes
02-19-2008, 08:16 AM
so I unplugged the purge valve to see if that could be it and it seemed to instead of drop quick to 1500rpm it seemed to slowly come down but it would not jump around like it used it. Could that be a possibility. Pretty soon I about to just start changing valves until I come upon what fixes it.