PDA

View Full Version : audiless for the weekend

////D
02-16-2008, 04:31 PM
so my rear left wheel bearing has gone bad, ive driven on in for a while now and last night it start making loud noises and clunking and what not on turns. so tonight i took everything apart and all shops are closed so i cant switch out the bearings until monday. so im audiless for the weekend [:(]

Militant-Grunt
02-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm Audiless since yesterday until Wednesday until they finish painting my lowers and fixing my rear quarter panel. =/

thebikedoctor33
02-16-2008, 04:38 PM
////D, see you are a vw man, and a vr6 man at that. if you are looking to have work done theres a shop in bangor pa called mmi that specializes in vr6 vw's. they have a 9 second corrado. and do totally amazing work. thought maybe you'd want to check them out. www.mmiconcepts.com

AudiSport12
02-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I just replaced my pass-rear bearing. Had to drive 200 miles on it while it was clunking/grinding/humming. It was so loud I couldn't drown it out with the radio haha

audiFUEGO
02-16-2008, 04:44 PM
ive been audiless since wednesday cuz its getting cf hood, new front, and new injector seats/seals.

Hope to be back on monday.

devmaster
02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
ive been driving w/ a bad pass rear bearing 4 awile now.. i need 2 turn the subs up 2 drown it out.. i need $$$ so i can fix.. lameskis

////D
02-17-2008, 01:21 AM
////D, see you are a vw man, and a vr6 man at that. if you are looking to have work done theres a shop in bangor pa called mmi that specializes in vr6 vw's. they have a 9 second corrado. and do totally amazing work. thought maybe you'd want to check them out. www.mmiconcepts.com

hey thanx, yea i love my dubs, im actually looking for a vr6 motor right now for my jetta so i can sell it

Gundem
02-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Sad ain't it?

generik777
02-17-2008, 10:29 AM
I've been audiless for about three weeks now, My oil pump died and the shop I had it towed too is taking forever.

thebikedoctor33
02-17-2008, 10:53 AM
hey thanx, yea i love my dubs, im actually looking for a vr6 motor right now for my jetta so i can sell it

they have mad amounts of everything vw. like a room full of motors. i would give them a call i'm sure it wouldnt be a waste. the owner is a really nice guy.

biketsai
02-17-2008, 10:35 PM
ive been audiless for around 2-3 weeks already, turbo swap...

bigphil
02-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Does the bearing make any other noise before it goes? I think mine is making a whirring noise, only at high speed, no clunking or anything during turns. Its coming from the rear though. I dont know if its that or winter tire noise.

////D
02-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Does the bearing make any other noise before it goes? I think mine is making a whirring noise, only at high speed, no clunking or anything during turns. Its coming from the rear though. I dont know if its that or winter tire noise.

its just really loud when you're driving, it whines. i have been driving on it for a while thats y it started clunking.

and i went and got my bearing pressed and the person pressed it in the wrong way, so now theyre buying me a new one and repressing it the right way, so i gotta wait another day

bigphil
02-18-2008, 12:16 PM
its just really loud when you're driving, it whines. i have been driving on it for a while thats y it started clunking.

and i went and got my bearing pressed and the person pressed it in the wrong way, so now theyre buying me a new one and repressing it the right way, so i gotta wait another day

darn I think thats exactly it... another trip to the shop I guess [headbang]

D's Avant
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm Audiless 2/3 weeks a month. I am always traveling with my job. Can't wait to get back in my car at the airport. My car with worn shocks handles ten times better than any normal rental car. Don't laugh, but the Ford Fusion isn't too bad. Down on power but not too bad.

////D
02-19-2008, 02:14 PM
my audi is fixed [:D]

GramCracker
02-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I just don't have an Audi anymore. It absolutely BLOWS.

Militant-Grunt
02-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I had to drive my friends 330ci to school then take the subway home from his job =/.

Fucking MB dealer still didn't fix my dad's ML, and my car is being primed for paint grr.