PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on repairing broken lower headlight tab?

EuropaVin
02-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I couldn't really find many posts about people with broken lower tabs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair them? Or more realistically, any alternative ways to secure the headlight without compromise? TIA.

onemoremile
02-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I need to repair mine too. I was thinking about using threaded shoulder dowels. They look like shoulder bolts with the heads lopped off and allen pockets broached into the top. They are relatively inexpensive and could be epoxied in place on the housing.

Mine are broken too. I bought them used and that wasn't disclosed.

sixfiveoh
02-15-2008, 08:59 AM
JB Weld ftw... even though I need to redo mine because somehow it cracked [confused] I'll probably put on a few more layers this time.

EuropaVin
02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
What size would you use to ensure a snug fit?

EuropaVin
02-15-2008, 09:03 AM
sixfiveoh, you used JB weld on the bottom tab? Do you have the original tab? Cause I dont. Dunno if it would help if i just cut it off one of my old headlights and JB weld it on to the new one.

sixfiveoh
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I used JB weld on one of my upper tabs, but same idea I'm guessing. I know the lower tab has that deep pocket for an extra long bolt... you could get it off your old headlight, but if you really wanted to be creative, I'm sure you could fab up a piece of plastic with a hole in it, and just use a U nut and bolt to hold it in place

EuropaVin
02-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I used JB weld on one of my upper tabs, but same idea I'm guessing. I know the lower tab has that deep pocket for an extra long bolt... you could get it off your old headlight, but if you really wanted to be creative, I'm sure you could fab up a piece of plastic with a hole in it, and just use a U nut and bolt to hold it in place

Yeah I though about this but just afraid to mess with the housing, like putting a hole at the bottom.