PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Pod question

Alan
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
My friend with a 2000 A4 1.8T is looking for an A-pillar pod gauge. They dont market them for the Facelifted years, is it because of the optional side airbags?

Would any B5 A4 gauge pod fit, or are they year/face lift specific?

Kyle H
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
IIRC the facelift b5's have side airbags, which would mean you do not want to put a boost gauge on the a-pillar because the airbag will turn it into a rocket and shoot your (his) face off.

just re-read your post, and yes, that's why.

custom center vent gauge or wait for Podi ftw.

P3RryaudiA4
02-13-2008, 02:31 PM
hey sry for the irrelivence but i still dont know why i dont have the new post button on my forum page im not a retatrd or anythin i know wher its supose to be but its not on the top left lol i have to use this thread to post this cuz i cant create my own or anythin lol any1 got any ideaz

Alan
02-13-2008, 02:34 PM
IIRC the facelift b5's have side airbags, which would mean you do not want to put a boost gauge on the a-pillar because the airbag will turn it into a rocket and shoot your (his) face off.

just re-read your post, and yes, that's why.

custom center vent gauge or wait for Podi ftw.

I read several reviews, and they said the airbags are Optional. My friend is convinced he doesnt have the airbags, and I dont have his car near me to check it out.

Naudi_Mat
02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
I would say stick with a center vent gauge, or wait for the the PODi. Those are gonna be your best options, IMO.

Alan
02-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, he doesnt like the center gauge vents. He's pretty much set on A-pillars, but I'm just making sure that he doesnt have airbags, and that the Pod would be the correct fit.

Naudi_Mat
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Alright man.

Well if he doesn't have the airbags, then it will be fine.

Nice to see someone looking out for a friend.

Alan
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks. His car's in for repairs, and He's in the process of modding it a bit. Figured he'd do the gauges and pod while it's down.

Overboostin
02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I used to have the center vent, I'm moving to the a pillar. I'm attaching the pod to the pillar and then reupholstering it. From the pictures of airbag deployments I've seen, I don't think I'll have a problem.