PDA

View Full Version : rant. very angry.

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 12:08 PM
People in the states absolutely SUCK at driving. Im soo angry right now. If i caught the two people that did this (it was clearly two different cars) I'd would have beaten some SERIOUS ass. My car was parked at school for not even a full 12 hours, and this is what happened:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/IMG_0105.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/IMG_0106.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/ferrari32/IMG_0107.jpg

But what I'm really mad about was, is I was going to take my car to a dealer and see how much they would give me for it towards an S4. Doesn't look like thats happening anytime soon. [headbang]

brlukosk
02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Damn...

You got hit in the front and in the rear in one afternoon?

Almost seems like someone intentionally did it.

I HATE parking on the side of streets.

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm never parking near people again. I don't care how far I have to walk.

317ssayzarc
02-11-2008, 12:19 PM
looks like truck or suv damage... where do you go to school? i go to new england tech up in rhode island

toaster
02-11-2008, 12:25 PM
probably the worst hit and run i've ever seen.

holy FOCK dude!!!

the back was horrible...then the FRONT TOO!!!

i usually don't know what to say...but this time...saying nothing isn't enough...

FOCK!!!!!!!!!

Poopie
02-11-2008, 12:37 PM
DAMN DUDE! Try and stay postive though. Go through insurance...cough up the deductible and get a euro s4 rear and s4 front out of it.

audisnapr
02-11-2008, 12:37 PM
oh damn - by far the worst hit and run I've seen as well and I've had a few bad ones myself. Sorry bud. Good luck with it all :-/

A4 KiDD 810
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Damn that sucks so bad. Try going to some surrounding buildings to see if they have cameras outside.

Kronic Budz
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
wow

Kronic Budz
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Damn that sucks so bad. Try going to some surrounding buildings to see if they have cameras outside.

yup, id try it

sixfiveoh
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
holy shit!

Squarrl
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
How much is that going to cost to fix. $5,000? might that be a totaled?

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM

Yea. I immediately called security and they were all "Oh, we dont have any cameras looking in that direction." I was about to explode.

On a lighter note, I just got back from test driving the S4 and all I can say is, wow. What I want to do is sell them the car as it is (he said they'd take it like that) and then use the insurance check plus a loan to get the S. That seems like a good plan to me.

I hope its either a big check to "fix" or totaled. One of the two will equal money towards the S4. If its "totaled" (which imo it isnt) it will be one more reason to have a new car!

Im still incredibly mad. Anyone have any rough guesses on what insurance will give me, totaled or not.

edit!!!! I noticed that the rear quarter pannel that is busted is now touching the rear door. I know that can not be good news.

TH85
02-11-2008, 02:02 PM
how the hell did you get hit in the back and the front..
and yea so many people dont know how to drive...its rediculious.

i would drive around the area for a lil bit and scope out to see if you can find the cars that did it...if its a back street then im sure its someone local. just a thought

Rosati
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow. Our poor auction beauty......

Holy shit graham, the ONLY positive to this is that you have full coverage and most of us do not........

The F*ed up part is that he even pulled in his mirrors!

You know the number [up]

Das General
02-11-2008, 02:17 PM
perhaps you got hit into a car that was parked in front of you...

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
perhaps you got hit into a car that was parked in front of you...

I feel like thats exactly what happened. Cause there is no way that anyone has that bad of luck.

audiFUEGO
02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
I feel like thats exactly what happened. Cause there is no way that anyone has that bad of luck.

haha if you do, i'd be extra cautious tomorrow... cuz thats some serious luck.

AudiSportB5S4
02-11-2008, 03:09 PM
that would make sense dude, that damage is plenty enough force to push a car forward. im telling you to go through the parking lot and find any cars with some damage. gotta be some. its alright, well find that mofo

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 03:27 PM
its alright, well find that mofo

And then break his MFing legs.

Poopie
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
about 4k for the rear and 1k for the front.

Nebone
02-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Looks to me that the repair will cost more than value of the car for sure. Insurance will definately total this car and give you a descent check. Your insurance will go up but you should be able to buy it out for cheap, then sell it to the dealer if they give you a price more than the buyout price.

audiness
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Sorry, bro that car is definetly Totalled.

hope your insurance treats you well

sbghms
02-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Poor A4 is just a 4 now. Dude I feel for you man if that happened to me I would hunt down whoever did that, gouge out their eyeballs with a rusty fork, and pour salt in the sockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nebone
02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Poor A4 is just a 4 now. Dude I feel for you man if that happened to me I would hunt down whoever did that, gouge out their eyeballs with a rusty fork, and pour salt in the sockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"How about we get someone with aids to pee in their eye socket so they die all slow." (Woodland Critters)

Yaktizzle417
02-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Dude I'd kill someone.

Seriously.

Wow.

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Im seriosuly about to scour my whole campus for a car that has even the slightest damage. Cause it HAD to be a student that i was parked infront of. It HAD TO BE.

And they like literally drove through my trunk and rear light to leave. My trunk is full of debris.

m4tt VIII
02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm sorry :( I'd be flipping out... Oh wait, when I saw that girl try and run after she drove into my car I punched her door so hard I dented it. I'd wreck kids.

On the plus side, can you say S4? Maybe an IC-S4? Time to go to [wrench]

No sense crying over spilt milk, plus that's one less 1.8t in Greenwich j/k

Gimme a call, plus I'll talk to you dad and tell him that you NEED an S4 or that it will be safer than an A4 because bigger breaks, better suspension and twin turbo engine...

devmaster
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
"How about we get someone with aids to pee in their eye socket so they die all slow." (Woodland Critters)

hahaha..
"imagination,imaginatiaahhhation....."

well its a good excuse 2 get a sex4.. lucky bastard haha

GramCracker
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Gimme a call, plus I'll talk to you dad and tell him that you NEED an S4 or that it will be safer than an A4 because bigger breaks, better suspension and twin turbo engine...

And thats why your a good friend. Only one problem, my dad is aware that when the turbos go, its BANK.

Revolution02
02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
im no expert but I would say that its totaled. Good news is you know what your next car is going to be. Hopefully you get everything worked out with the insurance.

SoFresh
02-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Don't be all bent up over it... its just a reason to step it up a step :)

Nebone
02-12-2008, 09:32 AM
This will definately serve as a chance to upgrade. My buddy had a really beat up, not maintained 2.8 A4 fwd which he paid like 3k for and someone hit it. He got 7k for it and boutht a real legit 2.8 A4 with quattro using that cash.

GramCracker
02-12-2008, 10:11 AM
This will definately serve as a chance to upgrade. My buddy had a really beat up, not maintained 2.8 A4 fwd which he paid like 3k for and someone hit it. He got 7k for it and boutht a real legit 2.8 A4 with quattro using that cash.

That happened to me with my last A4. I finally upgraded from the 2.8 to a 1.8t. And now I'm trying to graduate to the 2.7tt. Im still trying my hardest to move up a notch in the Audi world.

GramCracker
02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Hokay So, my dad picked up the case report and as it turns out there were 5 cars involved in my accident thing. I was parked on a slight hill. Heres what happened:

Car number one is heading down the hill while car number two is coming up the hill. Car number two isn't moving to the side of the road, so cars one and two collide. When they collide, car number one is then further sent into my car (car number three). My car then moves forward from the impact and hits car number four, which in turn moves forward and hits car number five.

Quite the situation. I'll be honest, I laughed when my father called me and read the report to me. As much as the situation sucks, you gotta admit, thats a little funny. We're taking the car to an auto body tomorrow to get an estimate so we can give it to the claims adjuster. I know its going to be a huge sum to fix it. I'll let you all know what happens with the auto body shop!

Durkin
02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
wow... thats pretty rediculous... good luck with the repairs. was this at Central? (i'm from new milford)

GramCracker
02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
wow... thats pretty rediculous... good luck with the repairs. was this at Central? (i'm from new milford)

No. This happened at Iona College in New Rochelle, NY. [headbang]

sirswank
02-13-2008, 01:45 PM
i wanna make some sort of Iona joke....someone Ioned your car.... Iona A4, but not anymore..... GAHHH....

sorry.

sucks for the hit and run, but it could have been worse... like, intentional. good will come of this, you'll see.

GramCracker
02-16-2008, 03:07 PM
UPDATE!!!! (sorry for the bump)

The insurance adjuster deemed the vehicle "totaled" before they even got around to looking at the hood. They estimated we will get about $7,800-7,900 ish.

Now, I need some good pro's for getting an S4. I gotta win the debate with my parents so I can get a loan to get the S4. Most of mine were based around the fact that it will be better to get a new car rather than fix the A4. Anyone got any suggestions?

Militant-Grunt
02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow. Our poor auction beauty......

Holy shit graham, the ONLY positive to this is that you have full coverage and most of us do not........

The F*ed up part is that he even pulled in his mirrors!

You know the number [up]

Yeah seriously, if my car was hit and ran I'd cry, too poor for full insurance.

Sorry to see that man, I hope you get a good amount from the insurance, that looks like a good amount of work, especially on the rear. I had minor damage on my car (Bumper cover, minor rear quarter damage and fender damage) and that came out to 1995 dollars. I wouldn't be surprised if you're in the 3k range.

Poopie
02-17-2008, 09:13 AM
find out how much it is to buy the car back. You could probably turn a profit if you have the time

a4_slvrcircles
02-17-2008, 03:09 PM
total!!!

jankaroni
02-17-2008, 07:46 PM
wow man that sucks, i work a well known auto body shop in NJ and that thing is whacked pretty bad, you are looking at a good 5000 dollar repair bill there AT LEAST, so you wish of it being totalled could come true, but tough to tell, depends how many miles you got on it and whatnot good luck with it all thought S4 sounds good [up]

jankaroni
02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
one additional thing i forgot to mention, i dont know who your ins. company is if you dont mind asking, but a lot of ins. companies will not write a real good estimate right off the bat cause the are afraid you will take the money and run (as in this case) haha, i know with us a 2000 estimate from an insurance company can quickly turn into 3500

GramCracker
02-17-2008, 10:11 PM
find out how much it is to buy the car back. You could probably turn a profit if you have the time

Do tell more! They take it away sometime tomorrow.

Poopie
02-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Well the buy back option is really the insurance company taking ownership of your car and they give you the totaled value which you posted about 7800 bucks...Then you buy the car back at the depreciated value with the damage. I'm guessing the buy back on this car is about $1500-2000. So basically you end up with your damaged car back and 5800-6300 back from the insurance company. Then you begin the process of selling parts of your car off to people on the forums. The motor should fetch about 1000, sell off the suspension stuff and the turbo. Then pretty much everything else is profit.