PDA

View Full Version : I think I found the culprit of my missing coolant..? and part #s need though

SFexBOY
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
It looks like its coming from the Heater return hose (located above the mess in the pic) from that leads into the back of the engine. It seems to have been dripping down to the tranny for a while.

2 questions. Can anyone tell me what type of clamp that hose (particularly the side that goes into the engine) is used? My guess would be a C-clamp? Also I'm not sure how to gain access to replacing this would entail. Has anyone changed this hose before? TIA!

btw part #s would be greatly appreciated for both hose and new clamps! =)

http://i31.tinypic.com/rthsur.jpg

devmaster
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
wow, that looks like puke

quattro16
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I dont think its the hose but the flange is most likely leaking that bolts to the head. Common issue.

SFexBOY
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I dont think its the hose but the flange is most likely leaking that bolts to the head. Common issue.

yea i was searching AW, and found a thread about replacing the O-ring in the flange. Would you suggest replacing both? Would I be able to buy the O-ring separately since it seems like that seems to be whats causing the leak? Thanks for your advice!

quattro16
02-10-2008, 09:52 PM
If you buy the flange the oring should come with it. I would change the fllange. Most of the time they crack and leak when cold.