PDA

View Full Version : Got Apr!

projectdarka4
02-10-2008, 09:17 AM
So i was tired of waiting for the giac dealer to get straightened out. they never answered their phones, and they kept screwing me around. So i drove down the street to grd performance in villa park and got apr. I am very impressed with how the car performs now.. i can actually hear and feel the turbo now. i spike at around 17 and hold 15 til the higher rpms where it drops to 12. I have been reading and i think that it is normal?
i have searched, but my question hasnt really been clearly answered. How is the best way to get up to 20 psi? i plan the get the ecs race valve, but i have heard different things on if it will give you a psi gain. should i get a mbc or is there another way?

Seerlah
02-10-2008, 09:30 AM
The n75h does not increase boost. It makes the curve more smoothe and evens out surges in boost if there are any. In some cases, it adds no more than 1-2 psi. Most cases it adds nothing. To increase your psi, get an MBC bleeder type valve. Then slowly tweek it to you reach your desired peek, but do not exceed ~23 max psi. And if you have a dv with different spring rates, might want to try that first before purchasing an MBC.

Calabria
02-10-2008, 12:05 PM
nice, how do you like the pick up in 5th?

audiFUEGO
02-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I would test for leaks in your pressure system now that you've boosted your turbo a little. And definitely do it before you get an MBC and start boosting even more.

Stampy
02-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Congrats man. GRD sucks incredibly bug nuts. I will give you some advice. Aside from chipping, stay the hell away from that hack shop.

Where you live at man? Us Chicago area guys should meet up when its not 1 degree out.

speedydragon
02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
A week after I got my APR, I got to ride/drive my friend's Giac x chipped (1.3bar as opposed to APR's 1.0bar), I was pissed that I made the wrong decision! Giac pulls sooooo much harder! And they have a k04 flash!

bronz
02-10-2008, 02:40 PM
man shouldve went with giac like i posted in ur other post

BzeB5A4
02-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Congrats man. GRD sucks incredibly bug nuts. I will give you some advice. Aside from chipping, stay the hell away from that hack shop.

Where you live at man? Us Chicago area guys should meet up when its not 1 degree out.

Nice pick up with the Chip! From everything I've read, it's not wise to use a MBC to turn up boost, but it can help hold boost better and also bring it on faster.

sorry to be off topic OP, But Is grd that bad? Have you seen there new place in villa park? They are like 5 mins from me and Im looking to take my car in to get my Stg 3 clutch & lwfw installed there.

projectdarka4
02-10-2008, 03:56 PM
i had no problem there other than they dont socialize at all ha.. i waited two hours when quoted one too... the shop is nice tho. i really wanted the giac but theres no dealer here, and i dont wanna buy a used chip not knowing whether it will work for sure or not. plus the giac chip for my car is a 1.0 not a 1.3 bar.. i have the old 1.8t ha... i love the pick up in 5th ha... im gonna get all new hoses... whats the size of the hoses 3/16???

im definintely down for a meet when it gets warmer... i wanna get my other wheels put on before we meet tho, my winters are TERRIBLE

Calabria
02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
for a 2000 1.8t, does giac offer the 1.3 or is still 1 like apr?

speedydragon
02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
uhh giac 1.3 is for dbw. I'm not sure if the 2000 1.8t engines come with dbw. I think they did...

Devious27t
02-10-2008, 11:25 PM
for a 2000 1.8t, does giac offer the 1.3 or is still 1 like apr?

I just chipped my 2000 and see 1.3 bar. no other mods besides chip.

Stampy
02-10-2008, 11:55 PM
sorry to be off topic OP, But Is grd that bad? Have you seen there new place in villa park? They are like 5 mins from me and Im looking to take my car in to get my Stg 3 clutch & lwfw installed there.

I have had buddies go there and have quality issues with work. When I went there and asked about what they had for my car. They just went to GOAPR.COM and showed me. Needless to say, I was very turned off by the way they handle people. They have more love for Subies and EVo's. Believe me, they are no AMS. When i went there like a year ago asking about a chip. I was so turned off by the service. I actually met the APR rep, as he was doing a visit. He no bullshit, referred me to some dude in WI! Overall, I know no one that has ever been happy with them. I haven't seen the new place, so maybe things have changed?

I miss MOTO PERSONA. Man, that place just made you want to spend money. Oh well, Euro-tuners in the CHi area suck.

Stampy
02-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Sorry man, I'm not trying to jack this thread. I know you just dropped some major coin in this place. Just answering the question.

Calabria
02-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I just chipped my 2000 and see 1.3 bar. no other mods besides chip.
This is coming from giac...interesting. Guess i gota go with with giac now.
How do you like it?

projectdarka4
02-11-2008, 06:17 AM
o idc about the thread jacking hah... im just glad i didnt have any serious problems with them... so i guess my only option is to get a bleeder type mbc

////D
02-11-2008, 07:02 AM
congratz on the chip man. i just bought an ebay mbc but havent installed it yet, its too cold, and im down for a meet for sure, all you chitown area guys check out http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183197

Devious27t
02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
This is coming from giac...interesting. Guess i gota go with with giac now.
How do you like it?

Honestly? I am kicking myself for waiting so long. I had convinced myself that I didnt care how fast the A4 was because I had the S4 to go fast in and that until I build the engine, the A4 was just a DD. Once I chipped the A4 I remember how much I loved driving an A4 (my old A4 was chipped from 2000-2004).

Devil's Advocate: It also reminded me how much the stock intercooler sucks! [:(]

I should also add that if you are in OC you are more then welcome to meet up and check it out. I think I will be bringing the S4 to the meet tomorrow though. [:)] Cant drive that one [;)]